Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poems from your SO (or romantic notes/quotes)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poems from your SO (or romantic notes/quotes)

Hey guys, thought it be fun to share some things our SO's have written to us, that made our heart skip a beat. Heres two from my Nathan

As the day breaks beyond the horizon till the fall of the night thats when i will be loving you. From the beginning of time till the end thats when i'll be loving you. from the highest peak to the lowest thats when i'll be loving you for you can see nothing can stop my love for you growing.

you are as beautiful as a sunset over the horizon. you are like that pressious diamond once found you must hold onto no matter what happens, you mean the world to me and if that would come crashing down i would have to go down with it. my love for you is as strong i'll never break and i thank you for you are my friend, my life, my world.

aww he so sweet sometimes... other times not.... but when he is he is truly a romantic, makes me melt and become mush. Can't wait till i have him all to myself!
    I love you Nathan <3
    sigpic
    5/25/09 <3

I missed a call from him once, and when I texted to ask about it he said "don't worry about it, just got the urge to call and tell you I love you."

"You know it's love when you want to keep holding hands even after you're sweaty."
    -- Anonymous

Comment

My SO likes to write songs and here's one he wrote about me before we became a couple =]]

"my therapy"

when im around you,
      i see my dreams come true,
      i see the person ive always wanted,
      living and breathing and you,
      always seem to be here with me,
      even when your not,
      always seem to be in my head,
      and in my life of unfull needs,
      when your around me,
      im leaving my problems and hatred behind,
      because when we're together you relieve the stress and pain,
      you may not realize it,
      but your a big part of my life,
      you are with me anywhere and everywhere,
      helping me with anything i need,
      and i dont need a therapist because you are my therapy...

when we're together,
      we laugh it up and have alot of fun,
      you relieve the pressure of life,
      life with the pain and no benefits,
      and ive come to realize that,
      when we're together,
      you are my benefit,
      the one and only benefit of my life,
      but when we're apart,
      i think of you,
      and i wonder if you think of me,
      and this will never change,
      you are with me anywhere and everywhere,
      helping me with anything i need,
      i dont need a therapist because you are my therapy...

(chorus)
      you make me alive,
      alive with no hate,
      you make me strive,
      to never give up and find what i want....
      you give me life,
      and give me hope,
      you are the one,
      because your all i need...
      (chorus)

i have no clue what i would do,
      if you were away from me...
      you are perfect in every way,
      inside and out...
      you are the one i want,
      alone with me...
      nothing else because,
      i love you...

Comment

Three words.
        Fill my racing mind.
        Leave me breathless.
        Lost in Time.

Three words.
        Fill my endless dreams.
        Repair my heart.
        Mend the seams.

Three words.
        Fill your heart too.
        Three words prounced.
        I love you.
        Three words. Fill my racing mind. Leave me breathless. Lost in time.
        Three words. Fill my endless dreams. Repair my heart. Mend the seams.
        Three words. Fill your heart too. Three words pronounced. I love you.

~~~~~~

You look in the mirror, you don't like what you see, don't believe it.
        Look in my eyes, I am the only mirror you're ever gonna need.

Met online: 12/24/10 Met In Person: 2/24/11 Distance Closed: 4/24/11
        Not one regret, not one backwards look, only towards the future and beyond!

Comment

I think it's the randomness in which he'll say things that I find romantic...like the marriage thing...randomly in conversation he said "BTW, we would have a good marriage."

Or like a few days ago...he says "BTW, you've tested positive...for AWESOME!"

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

Comment

Nathan is super romantic and so sweet. I have so many texts locked that are from him so I can read his messages over and over again. Some of my favorite:
            - A text with our song in it saying "To remind you that I think about you 24/7"
            - "You know just between you and me..I want to marry you. I love you."
            - A text with a picture of us saying "I wish I was here right now"

I love when he randomly texts me just to say how much he loves me. It totally makes my day. =)

Comment

My honey texts me loving messages every day. They are always sweet and make me smile big everytime I see his texts. One day I woke up with this special message and realized what day it was...

"On Valentines Day Im thinking of you
              The special ways you have made my life better
              The little things and the not so little things
              Your kindness
              The way you always give so much love to me
              You make my world a brighter and richer place
              Thank you for being you
              I love you with all my heart Thanh. xoxoxo"

How sweet... I almost cried reading it. That night when we talked, I said to him that I love the poem very much and he was like "heheh of course its not a poem..." Lol, he was shy because he tried to make it a poem but it didn't sound like one But I think I'd prefer it to a perfect poem.

Comment

I wrote my SO a poem one night called Would I? It goes like this: Would I....

Would I love you if I knew the world would end? Every day closer, to the last minute we spend?

Would I love you if you were not breathing? As hard and cold as a silver ring?

Would I love you if we could not communicate? One message from you I'd anticipate?

Would I love you if my tears were pouring? All my emotions inside I was storing?

Would I love you if you were blind? The deep meaningful look that you could not find?

Would I love you if there was no way, that I'd see you another day?

The answer to these, I hope you've guessed,
                Is unconditionally, forever, always, yes.

Comment

This is what he posted on my facebook wall after we had to part:

I stood there holding back the tears, each step you got further away. My heart ached i never knew pain until that moment, i never knew what it was to cry. you stepped through the gate and i watched you put on your shoes i tried to hold onto the moment as long as I could but i knew it would never be long enough. you stood up and looked at me and I looked at you and we knew it was time. our eyes were locked and you started to move. my heart was ready to burst you kept turning back to wave each time further away like a ship slowly drifting over the horizan. then you turned for the last time to look at me the tears already falling from my face your smile so gentle. then you walked away your red hair fading away for the last time from view and at that moment i whispered.......... I love you

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
                  First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
                  Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
                  Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
                  Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
                  Married: 1/24/2015
                  Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

"I love you. I want you to be my favoritest hello and hardest goodbye."

It was very simple but it brought me to tears.

Comment

He says a ton of cute things. One of the things I found cutest but kind of sad at the same time, I'm not supposed to share. But, there's another one. He wrote me this little letter for our anniversary and this section brought me to tears, even now.

"I love your smile, it makes me smile, it makes me forget that I'm self conscious of my own smile, in fact, you make me forget all my self consciousness. I'm completely and utterly comfortable around you, and you make me feel happier with my life and myself than anything else ever has."

And then a couple weeks ago he made this post in the I Love Him/Her Today Because... thread:
                      "I love her today and everyday because she's my reason for wanting to do something with my life. To go in any direction at all that will get me to her. It's nice to have a life goal, especially when it's as amazing as she is."
                      "You let me in your heart and out of my head."

Comment

Originally posted by melarie View Post
                        "I love your smile, it makes me smile, it makes me forget that I'm self conscious of my own smile, in fact, you make me forget all my self consciousness. I'm completely and utterly comfortable around you, and you make me feel happier with my life and myself than anything else ever has."
                        Thats how my SO makes me feel too, makes me complete.

Comment

I wrote this poem for my SO on Valentines Day:

My Love Knows No Distance:

I know the distance can be hard,
                          And I miss you all the time,
                          But please know you're never far from my heart,
                          And you're always on my mind,

And there is never a day,
                          Hardly a moment goes by,
                          That I don't wish that I was with you,
                          Wish I was right there by your side,

But one day I'll be there,
                          Smiling and holding your hand,
                          Telling you how much I love you,
                          Showing you how happy I am,

But until that day I'll wait,
                          And fall asleep always with a smile,
                          Because in my dreams I'm with you,
                          If only for a while. <3
                          Last edited by NerdyChick; April 4, 2013, 02:49 PM.
                          First Visit - June 25, 2013 - July 15, 2013 (England)
                          Second Visit - December 20, 2013 - January 13, 2014 (England)
                          Third Visit: (Tickets Booked!) April 12, 2014 - May 10, 2014 (US)

Comment

Originally posted by LostInLove View Post
                            I missed a call from him once, and when I texted to ask about it he said "don't worry about it, just got the urge to call and tell you I love you."

That's really cute
                            ”I vow to fiercely love you in all your forms, now and forever. I promise to never forget that this is a once in a lifetime love. I vow to love you, and no matter what challenges might carry us apart, we will always find a way back to each other.”
                            The Vow

Comment

This is the first one he wrote for me and still my favorite. I think I may have truly fallen in love after this... It's amazing! He was only 17 at the time, too..

"To The End Of The World For You"

Lying in smooth satin sheets, my mind is all but near.
                              I'm drifting away from consciousness like a rowboat in the sea,
                              Unable to decide its own direction.
                              The divine gravity of life beyond the pond is pulling me along.

As I fade through the thin membranes of reality, I am
                              Open to the outside world; berated with the chaos of perception.
                              I hold myself stalwart and true, though
                              Even the mightiest of ancient oaks can find themselves at an untimely death.

Through the ethereal clouds my soul seems to wander
                              Over the very fingertips of our creation's own bounds;
                              Dissolving into something greater.
                              Without guidance I find wherever I am meant to be.

This great divide of ours is but an early spring's puddle,
                              Its insignificant significance separating two entirely different worlds.
                              Yet together we can simply will it away.
                              To the end of the oceans we shall walk, and cast off our corporeal demons.

At the day's close I still lay in my smooth satin sheets,
                              Holding the smoking air which held all my dreams and desires.
                              Tired arms harbor a hopeful feeling
                              That one day this painful glass case of mine will disappear,
                              Giving me the joy of new beginnings, for then I shall finally be near.

Comment

Working...
                              X