LFAD Shout Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LFAD Shout Out

I am still pretty new here, but I have found that this community here and LFAD really helped me realize I was not alone in the LDR struggle and found that this site really grounded me and my relationship with me SO...

So lets give so LFAD love! How was this website helped you with the distance? Any particular story that comes to mind?

sigpic

I Cry Cause I Miss You, Smile Cause I Have You, I Can't Live Without You!

This website makes me feel less crazy. There's very few people in my life who understand why I chose to put myself through this when we didn't know each other for very long before he left. Then I come on here, and everyone gets it. And it makes things easier, because I know there's people in the same situtation, or even more difficut ones, and they're making it work.

"You know it's love when you want to keep holding hands even after you're sweaty."
    -- Anonymous

Comment

I joined in the olden days, before we moved to these new boards, and I remember thinking how amazingly cool it was that there were people I could talk to that weren't like "uh, you met him online, you haven't met at all in person, but you think you love him?" They just understood, because they were living it too.

Comment

I love this forum because it made me realize just how many people are in the same situation as my SO and I.

I can rant, ask for advice and even give advice.

I'm still so happy that my SO found this website.

Comment

This website keeps me sane sometimes, especially when you get hit by one of the "I miss them like craaaaaaaaaaaazy" waves, you come on here, vent, and there are a hundred or more people right there with you. It makes me feel less alone, because people on here understand.

I like to think I can help others too, I've been at this a while, so if someone is going through something I have already, I like to think I can give advice and help out where I can.

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
          <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
          The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
          <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
          <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
          Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
          Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

I found this website at the beginning of my LDR, and it's so helpful because I really have noone here to talk to about relationships, let alone long distance ones. ^^ I love coming on everyday and reading about everyones experiences and stories. It's helped get me through this last year of school.

Comment

LFAD helps me manage expectations and anxieties with The Boy. Unrealistic expectations and anxieties is what led me here.

I also hope to impart some wisdom on relationships in general - I've BTDT and if I can save you from making a dumb mistake by learning from my dumb mistake, all the better.

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

Comment

Working...
              X