after the visit...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

after the visit...

Hello everybody, first time poster here, I have been in a LDR for a hair shy of 8 months now, as with all relationships there are high points and low points... Today, I consider a low point.

I just dropped my girl off at the airport on Monday after a fantastic 5 day visit. We both went back to our "other lives" on Tuesday but spent a good portion of the day planning our next visit and a few summer adventures we will be sharing together.

This morning though I woke up just feeling sad, I miss her like crazy already. The first thing I did was reach over and grabbed the pillow she used while at my house and held it close to me and just breathed in her lingering scent and that made me feel better.

I sent a text telling her exactly that and a few other sweet things. I also knew she was having a difficult time sleeping last night so I asked her if she got any sleep. About an hour later I received a reply, "HI, I got some sleep." That's it... nothing else and that was all day ago. Already feeling down because I miss her, the lack of reply only seemed to compound my feelings of sadness. I feel like something isn't right. Our normal pattern of coversation/contact is nothing like a "normal" day, I have reached out a few times today but have yet to hear back. I know that I am likely over reacting or thinking too much...

I guess the point I am really trying to make is after most visits I feel bad for a few days after, a mini depression and today's inactivity has made that feeling worse. Am I the only one that feels that way after a visit and what can I do to feel better about it?

We all feel that way. I mean when I went back to my normal routine after visiting my honey, I felt really depressed. Depressed over the fact that your SO isn't in your life and how you wait so long to see someone yet time goes by so fast when you're with them! It sucks!

Comment

I definitely feel that way after a visit. I haven't found a way to really get over it other than to just throw yourself into a busy schedule. When your mind is on other things, it's too busy to think about how much you miss your SO. What I usually do though is let myself be sad for a few days and then slowly go back into my everyday schedule. The days after a visit are the hardest, and it's ok to be sad.
      "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
      Made it official: September 17, 2010
      Got engaged: January 15, 2012
      Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
      Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
      Got married: November 21, 2012
      Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
      Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

oh man. i remember leaving mexico when my SO and I actually met, we barely knew each other but I was super sad to leave, cried all the way to houston. and then, on my first visit to him we had such an amazing time together. and when I left, i litterally felt like someone was tabbing me in the stomach. it hurt. and i was super sad and depressed when I woke up the next morning alone. It sucks. But, nothing you can really do, I think its a normal feeling. You just have to get back into your normal routine, and keep busy.

Comment

Working...
        X