Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My boyfriend is very indifferent towards me, from distance :( Any advice please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My boyfriend is very indifferent towards me, from distance :( Any advice please?

I'm in a long distance relationship for 4 months now (I'm 18, he's 22) and I feel like things aren't very well with my boyfriend (I'm a girl). Everything has changed in the last 1,5 month, he stopped being cute and caring towards me, saying sweet stuff on the msn, all I get are bored, short replies like "yeah", "ok", "interesting". It seems like he has lost interest (on the msn). When we are together though, he's great. We meet twice a month.

I'm thinking that since our relationship is based on the long distance communication, things should be great about it as well. However, the more I talk to him on the msn, the more frustrated I get. I told him that he has changed, but he isn't willing at all to realize it himself and the rare times he did, he wasn't willing to change it. Like, change the way we communicate. I suggested that we should stop the msn for a while and start the phone conversations, but he didn't want to. I told him that my assumptions for his boredom are that, he was all cute and interested on me on the msn while he was trying to make me consider the relationship for real, flirting me etc, and now that he kind of knows me (because I tell him everything I feel), I'm not longer a mystery for him, so why try spice the things up a little bit? His answer towards my assumption was "yeah, you might be right". He also told me that he was bored only on the msn and not while we are together. I am so frustrated because, while I have located the problem, he doesn't care about fixing it, or becoming more concerned about it so that things will get better in distance. His attitude is "yeah, ok, we'll see, just stop grumbling..."
    I really don't know what to do. It's my first relationship ever and I feel like I'm too attached on him, and I'm afraid that I make things worse with my complaints about him being distant. What should I do? I suggested that we should do a few things for LDR couples like watch movies together, or read books together, or send stuff to each other, and he said he didn't want to.
    The funny thing is that he was blaming me for being indifferent towards him at the beginning, (I wasn't really, I just had a hard time showing my emotions) and I changed it for him. :S

Any ideas on how to treat him from now on? I am in love with him, but I stopped having the feeling of being in a relationship from a distance, it's like talking to a bored friend of mine now, constantly.

Maybe you should talk less. Then he will get a chance to miss you and be willing to participate more in the conversation because you will have more to catch up on. Just an idea. Sometimes when you are talking all the time, you run out of things to say or ways to response. It becomes not as exciting. We personally limit our talking to a nightly phone call and a few texts throughout the day. Usually at the end of the day we will have plenty to talk about, but if we don't, we just keep it short and sweet and only talk a few minutes. If you get the hint that hes going to be unresponsive, then just keep the conversation short and try again next time. There's no need to sit there and torture yourself because he won't participate.

Also, my boyfriend is much better in person than he is when we communicate other ways. I think once you hang out in person, you just prefer that to all other methods of communication, which is a no brainer. Sometimes I ask my boyfriend why he doesn't text me more, write me letters/emails, etc. and he says it's because he'd rather just be with me than do those things. So, maybe yours is feeling the same way - wishing he was with you instead of on MSN with you.

Comment

His attitude is "yeah, ok, we'll see, just stop grumbling..."
      I really don't know what to do. It's my first relationship ever and I feel like I'm too attached on him, and I'm afraid that I make things worse with my complaints about him being distant. What should I do? I suggested that we should do a few things for LDR couples like watch movies together, or read books together, or send stuff to each other, and he said he didn't want to.

Ive had these moments. My nathan is also my first relationship. And at times he gets busy and doesnt have time or, when hes on he's kinda blah. I get those short replies to "yeah" or "sure" and it gets frusterating. I will ask or suggest things and he won't want to or he will say and we wont do it that day. But I think alot of guys are like this. But you are worth the attention, you need to speak with him and tell him all this. And in the meantime, focus on you. Pamper yourself. Go out with your girlfriends, don't wait hand and foot on him. You still have seperate lives. Let him come to you
      I love you Nathan <3
      sigpic
      5/25/09 <3

Comment

Working...
      X