Leaving in 2 days and it hurts so much

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaving in 2 days and it hurts so much

So I've spent another wonderful 3 months with my SO, and I'm leaving the day after tomorrow.

And its hurting so much already. It definitely doesn't get easier with time, each time gets harder and harder and I start getting upset earlier and earlier.

Every time we have our visits, its like we've closed the distance. We live together for 3 months, he goes to work, and although I cant work when I'm here I keep the house, cook, clean, do laundry etc and its so comforting when we have our routine and normal every day lives together.

Especially this visit, when he proposed and we've now started planning the wedding and our lives together. This should be the time for couples to plan the rest of their lives and instead we have to say goodbye.

And I know we're luckier than most, having had two 3month visits in the last year as well as my original 2 week visit but its just so hard to look on the bright side.

Hes meant to be coming to London at the end of May but hes passport application got all messed up and now the flights are going to cost a fortune booking them so last minute.

I don't really have a point, just wanted to rant and moan a little bit. Especially because hes at work today, although I REALLY hope he can get home early. (Hes not meant to finish until close to midnight but he might be able to finish by 5-6)

Ugh, and I still need to pack...which I really dont want to do because it makes it so final, so definite that I'm leaving.

I hate this....
    Tea and hugs make the world go round - don't ever discount the little things in life.

Smiling away to oneself brings an obscene amount of joy when only you know the reason why your smiling. Pick something secret to smile about and let it light up your face all day long!

And remember....Love really IS all around.

Aww, hang in there! *hugs* Try and enjoy your last few days with your boy, and try not to worry about the distance. You can get through it, I know it's hard. To steal a quote from my friend, you'll be happier for life, even if you have to be sad for a little while. You guys will be married in less than a year, and will begin your lives together...this is just one final step to get to that point.

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

you're so close, i'm actually jealous!
      i had to say goodbye almost two weeks ago when my SO went back to the states after only a week long visit. i know it hurts, i'd just tear up randomly even two days before he actually had to leave. stay strong, you'll see him soon, and soon he'll be the one you'll be waking up next to for the rest of your lives.

Distance doesn't matter when two hearts are loyal to each other.

Comment

Originally posted by joyce92ts View Post
        you're so close, i'm actually jealous!
        How far apart are you and your SO?

Yeah the tearing up randomly is horrendous...ugh
        Tea and hugs make the world go round - don't ever discount the little things in life.

Smiling away to oneself brings an obscene amount of joy when only you know the reason why your smiling. Pick something secret to smile about and let it light up your face all day long!

Comment

congrats on the proposal thats exciting! i know how you feel about visits feeling like the distance is closed. when my SO is getting ready to leave i tend to tear up at random times too. Just know that you are on your way to closing the distance and it wont be much longer(:
          enjoy the last few days you guys have together, then keep yourself focused on the wedding to help distract you from being away.
          best of luck!

Comment

and based on your screenname, do or your SO live in fort collins? thats where my man lives (:

Comment

Aw that's awesome! I'm a Londoner - he's the fort Collins boy

Yeah, def need to keep focussed when I get home. It's just that week or so period that spans a few days before leaving to getting back into a routine that are the worst

Comment

Oh I really know how you feel!
                I spent 4-5 months with my man and we thought it wasn't going to end but things happened and I had to fly home. The first week or two was sooo tough but day by day it is getting easier. Just enjoy the time you have with him and keep your sights aimed on your next visit!

We don't know when we're going to be together again, we're hoping for August but it's something that's out of our control and it's like a knife through the heart not knowing. BUT, we know it will happen and when it does we'll have the time of our lives (and getting married!) so just gotta stay upbeat.

Comment

Originally posted by London-FortCollins View Post
                  How far apart are you and your SO?
                  about 9,000 miles, he's on the west coast, SO FAR AWAY!
                  how are you feeling, anyway?

Distance doesn't matter when two hearts are loyal to each other.

Comment

aw sweetie! It will be okay. Well it won't be at first, but it will be soon. I know you just want to sit in your room and cry while eating ice cream, but what I like to do is plan something with your friends as soon as you get back. It helps you stay busy and not wallow in your saddness. Know that he is more then worth this temporary pain and that he cares about you so much. Remember that everyday is a day closer to closing the distance forever!

Chin up and be strong! we are all here for you!
                    sigpic

I Cry Cause I Miss You, Smile Cause I Have You, I Can't Live Without You!

Comment

I know the feeling - and I started to get sad earlier and earlier too the more we visited. It's so hard to enjoy those last few days cause all you can think about is the goodbye.. But try anyway cayse you are with him NOW and that's what counts.

Besides, you're getting married! Which means soon you'll be waking up next to him FOREVER

Comment

Working...
                      X