Very Confused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very Confused

A lil back story since I'm new here. I met a girl on Facebook back in November and we hit it off from the start. Now I wouldn't call her my SO but we talk everyday and are always there for one another.

Ok on the the part I'm confused about. About a month or so ago I started getting these real strong feelings for her, and she started getting them for me too come to find out but neither one of us have acted on it. Well in the mean time I started planning a trip up to see her in May. So I started looking at plane tickets and hotels finding deals online. I was so excited yet a couple days ago I found out I had to put everything on hold due to the date I'm supposed to receive my tax returns got pushed back.

The part that's confusing me is since that happened it seems like all the feelings I've had for her disappeared and now I just feel lost and numb inside. Is this normal or should I let bygones be bygones and move on just remaining friends with her?

Well how does she feel during all this. Did she know about your plans to see her in may? Maybe you guys should have that big talk and see where you two stand. Because once you two begin a relationship it may be hard to go back to just being friends if it doesn't work out. So i would suggest taking it slow and sit down talk about where you want things to go.
    Sorry im not much help, good luck though, i hope it works out for you two!
    I love you Nathan <3
    sigpic
    5/25/09 <3

Comment

I think that maybe you were just so excited to see her that now that it's being postponed, the disappointment is the main emotion you're feeling. I think that if you give it some time, the feelings may come back. One time, my SO and I had planned a trip, but we ended up having to cancel due to some personal reasons. I was so sad, and it took me a few days to get excited again to plan for the next trip. I would just give it some time before deciding that you definitely do not want to be with her.
      "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
      Made it official: September 17, 2010
      Got engaged: January 15, 2012
      Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
      Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
      Got married: November 21, 2012
      Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
      Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

I'm wondering if what you felt was merely a crush, as from my experience crushes can easily be forgotten or fade. There have been times I've liked a guy enough to consider dating him for years and other times it lasts maybe a couple weeks. You can't ever really tell.

If neither of you have made the move towards a relationship you could still visit her as a friend, but if she does feel something for you and you don't return them you might end up dealing with awkward moments if she grows the gonads to make a move in person. Then again you never know the feelings could resurface upon meeting. It's anyone's guess. I mean really for all we know some random stress in your life chewed at the warm-fuzzies you got with her and left the remnants in your closet. There have been times in relationships when someone feels less attracted to their SO due to outside stress that just eats at their thoughts towards that person. Human mind's a funny thing.

Anyhow, I wouldn't overanalyze it as all that will get you is a headache, possibly a migraine and a bad night's sleep. Just go with what you're comfortable with and don't make a move because you think you have to or anything like that.

Comment

Thanks you 3 and Kiara she knew I was planning on coming up there just didn't know when.

Comment

Love is fluid. It's not going to feel the same every day. Don't put pressure on yourself or panic if it comes and goes a little, especially while you're still at the point where you haven't met (if I'm reading this right.) Give yourself time. Enjoy the friendship aspect too - good relationships are based on friendship. Have fun together, and don't let it get to you. Everything works out in the end.
            Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

I agree I think what you are feeling is the disappointment of not being able to see her as soon as you want to.

Relax a bit and give it a week and see how you feel then. Try not to over analize it, while I know it is hard, just try to get back in a normal routine and see what happens!

Good Luck!
              sigpic

I Cry Cause I Miss You, Smile Cause I Have You, I Can't Live Without You!

Comment

Working...
              X