Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting Quotation on Facebook

Yeah yeah, I know how some of us feel about Facebook

I mentioned on my blog a friend who is recently divorced, a bit more bitter than I was picking up on until recently who in her own little way was trying to sabotage the The Boy and I. We are still Facebook friends and this is her status for today.

Sometimes you have to hurt someone's feelings just to let them understand how it felt when they hurt yours.

Really?! Does ANYONE here believe this? Despite most of us being a relationship, did you feel this way about past relationships perhaps?

I understand she is still hurting....but I also wonder have any of us ever thought that...

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

Don't believe this at all. The best revenge is living well - has always been my moto. Why lower yourself to their level? I've always found the best revenge is in being happy without them (and sometimes despite them) and in carrying on with your life better than you were with them. She sounds like a very bitter person who could benefit from some soul searching and some counseling perhaps.
    Three words. Fill my racing mind. Leave me breathless. Lost in time.
    Three words. Fill my endless dreams. Repair my heart. Mend the seams.
    Three words. Fill your heart too. Three words pronounced. I love you.

~~~~~~

You look in the mirror, you don't like what you see, don't believe it.
    Look in my eyes, I am the only mirror you're ever gonna need.

Met online: 12/24/10 Met In Person: 2/24/11 Distance Closed: 4/24/11
    Not one regret, not one backwards look, only towards the future and beyond!

Comment

I don't agree with that statement at all, but perhaps she meant it in a way other than the way you took it? she might mean it in the sense that her boyfriend hurting her made her see how much she had hurt him previously. I don't know...just a thought :-)

Comment

Originally posted by BabyGund View Post

Sometimes you have to hurt someone's feelings just to let them understand how it felt when they hurt yours.
        I understand what she means. I don't think it's even revenge or being petty. Sometimes it's true. Doesn't mean you have to act on it, but some times it's true.

It wasn't intentional, but towards the end of my marriage, I ended up hurting my ex, much in the same way he had hurt me for so many years (well, one of the ways). It was the first time the light bulb EVER came on. You could nearly see it happen. There is nothing else that would have opened his eyes. (For the record, I didn't beat him up ha, or cheat on him, this was something else.)

Comment

I understand both sides. However, hurting another person won't solve anything. They are very unlikely to react the way you did to the same type of hurt. It will hurt them more or less than it did you. There is no equality in this act at all.

I must admit that I sometimes try to do this in a sense. It is with petty things like texts, etc. though. Never a real hurt.

Comment

No - to me the best way I could "get even", if it really even was that, was for me to move on and be happy. Yes, my ex hurt me badly and I thought once or twice in my mind about awful things I could do to make his life miserable but in the end, I felt like I didn't need to do any of that. I have the better life and I'm so much happier. He's not really worth it. To me, and this is just me, if you still feel that strongly, you haven't moved on and let it go. Once you do, hurthing them won't matter anymore.

Comment

I don't think it's about revenge. The simple fact is sometimes a person can't understand until they have had that experience. It's never gone past wishing I could be mean in retribution though because I simply don't play games. I have said to Obi though "I wish I could do this back to you, so you could feel how I feel and understand". Everyone, at a base level, wants to be understood.
              Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Either way I don't really agree with that statement at all. I believe the best way to "get back" at someone is to be the bigger person and move on. Think of how awesome you will feel moving on to someone else and starting a life without your Ex. Keeping your head high and your morals in check is the best way to be the bigger person.

I don't think hurting other people ever makes me feel better anyways. It makes me look at my life and ask myself what kind of person I want to be. I don't want to be the type of person to attack someone just for hurting me. It shows low self estem and low self worth. If I get hurt I get hurt there is no need to hurt someone else in the process.
                sigpic

I Cry Cause I Miss You, Smile Cause I Have You, I Can't Live Without You!

Comment

I think it's true in some situations. Can't think of any now though hah

But I can see how some people can be so blind to something they're doing that they need a wake up call to open their eyes and realize what they're doing.

Comment

Originally posted by BabyGund View Post

It is NEVER EVER acceptable to intentionally hurt someone's feelings. PERIOD.

The only response to this quote is... 'Do unto others, as you would have them do unto you.'

Everything I know, and anywhere I go, It gets hard but it won't take away my love,
                    And when the last one falls, when it's all said and done, It gets hard but it won't take away my love

sigpic

Me without Him is like Son of Beast without the loop.

Comment

Sorry, I just posted and ran without giving my own opinion!

Nope, sorry that doesn't fly with me. It's all about taking the high road, turning the other cheek or whatever. And I apologize for not answering this earlier, but I was running all day today!

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

Comment

yeah I don't think I believe this either. As much as sometimes you think in your head "I wish I could make you pay for what you've done" or "If I did the same to you right now, how would you feel?", To act on those feelings, makes you as bad as them. Just because they've been a tool doesn't mean you have to be too. Some people might think that is weak if you don't "fight back", but really it makes you a lot stronger then that person.

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
                        <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
                        The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
                        <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
                        <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
                        Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
                        Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

I don't agree with it either..

Certainly, I've been in that place, where after immediately finding out something hurtful, part of you wants to make that other person hurt too.. but it quickly passes and you wipe your eyes and remember that you're better than that.

Sometimes the hardest thing in the world for some people is to be happy for someone else.

Comment

What a strange quote?!?

I fail to see how that would be of benefit to anybody, i'm pretty sure we all think about it sometimes though. But me personally, i leave karma to do her job, she's better at it than me.
                            As long as there is air in my lungs... there is a chance

Comment

Originally posted by leonsfangirl View Post
                              What a strange quote?!?
                              She's a strange bird...well, no I shouldn't say that. After sleeping on it, she really is hurting and I will try and help her through that the best I can. I just have to duck and weave from the zingers she throws at me over my relationship with The Boy. And I can't ever express any doubts with her as she hones onto those like a vulture on roadkill.

I leave karma to do her job, she's better at it than me.
                              THIS I love! XD

Comment

Working...
                              X