Is It Worth It?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is It Worth It?

Me and my guy dated for 6 months (he was stationed in NY and I was in VA). Were madly in love and planned out our whole future together which revolved around him being in the military. But we eventually fell out and broke up over something stupid. He was pending a deployment not long before and we discussed our issues 2 months after the breakup and decided that we may want to give us a try again..................BUT that would be when his 1 year deployment was over which would be November of this year. I get no kind of emotion outta when especially when I tell him that I love him and I miss him which is true. He's also stubborn as hell and so am I. This bothers me everyday b/c I am still madly in love with him and it seems like he doesn't get it or understands but he says he do. He said that all he wants me to do right now is to be patient, chill and relax........until it's over. Everyday I wonder is it worth it? I mean we meant the world to each other and I think still do b/c if it wasn't so, we'd both go in our separate directions. HELP, please. Any suggestions and/or advice is definitely needed!!

Guys tend to try and hide their emotions. Especially where you two are in a situation where you're technically not together at the moment, he might just be trying to project a certain image of himself. So I wouldn't worry too much about him being a bit aloof at the moment.

As for the rest of your situation, here's what I firmly believe: if it's meant to be, it will be. If you truly believe that you both mean the world to each other and are meant to be together, then believe that he will wait for you and you will wait for him, and when november comes around you can try again. In the meantime, view this as a test of your relationship. At the end of these 7 months if you both still want to be back together, it's a good sign for you guys.

"You know it's love when you want to keep holding hands even after you're sweaty."
    -- Anonymous

Comment

I think that you should give a bit of break. He's deployed right now, and he's under a lot of stress, even if he isn't in a combat zone. I grew up in the military and know that a lot of the soldiers I know aren't emotional people. If you need him to show that emotion, I would talk to him about it when he gets back from being deployed.
      "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
      Made it official: September 17, 2010
      Got engaged: January 15, 2012
      Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
      Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
      Got married: November 21, 2012
      Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
      Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

If you really love each other and believe in the relationship that you have, it will be worth in the end. But if it's not, at least you can tell yourself that you gave your best and you have no regrets.

Like what they said, he's a guy and he's deployed right now. Try to understand his situation right now. I think the best you can do is just be patient and supportive of him, even if that sounds difficult.
        "Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue,
        a wonderful living side by side can grow, if they succeed in loving the distance between them
        which makes it possible for each to see the other whole against the sky."
        - Rainer Maria Rilke

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet,
        regardless of time, place, or circumstance.
        The thread may stretch or tangle, but it will never break."
        - an ancient Chinese belief

Comment

Thank you all for your advice/opinions. Looks like I will continue to play the waiting game. He is currently on his 2 week R&R (rest and recuperation) leave now. He decided to take a little trip to see friends in Germany before heading back home next week for the rest of it. So I'll be glad to see him considering we haven't seen each other since last August. I'm praying that all continues to go well despite the circumstances. We have had a rough time over the past 2 years but I think it's been worth it.

Comment

I think that if you actually have to question whether or not it's worth it.. It's probably not.
            Although this distance breaks my heart,
            And it's unbearable when we're apart,
            I know that it will all be fine,
            As my heart is yours,
            And yours is mine.. <3

Comment

Working...
            X