Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First (and only) visit is in less than a month!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First (and only) visit is in less than a month!!

My SO has booked a flight to Seoul and I will be picking him up from Incheon airport on May 1st. Given that I am here for 6 months, I am so excited that he is coming to see me after my trip is almost halfway over. I know that we are only in a LDR for a short time compared to most long-time LDRs on this forum but during the past 2 months of being apart, we have already learned so much about our relationship from being distant. Anyway - I just wanted to see if anyone had any ideas of what we could do while we are together. What are the best parts of an LDR visit? Worst? What should I prepare myself to miss most? Any advice is welcome. Thanks so much.
    Sarang Hae <3

sigpic

"I never had a dream come true, 'til the day that I found you."

I think the best part of a visit's that initial "holy shit they're in the same room" feeling you get, completed by a hug or kiss to heighten it to "holy shit they're in the same room AND WE'RE TOUCHING." Worst part is the parting, you've gotten used to being together and then it has to end even if it's not forever you still get a sort of addict-grade withdrawal feeling. Just don't dwell on that moment the entire trip, that's probably worse than the actual parting. You'll miss the little things most. Lord knows I do.

As for what to do, if you're not working or extremely busy you could show him around and take him to any particular places you like or things you'd want him to see or do with you. Be a tourist, really. Or hey, make the best of the close physical proximity, whatever you two feel comfortable with. I know the entire time my SO was with me when I visited him we never left the hotel room and I consider that worth it for just having the time with him to bum around. Granted he had to leave after 2 1/2 days into my visit so I technically went around the city by myself, but that's beside the point. Point being you don't have to plan days full of activities to have a worthwhile visit.

Also take pictures. We all love pictures.

Comment

LadyMarchHare pretty much said everything.

Partings, ugh, I hate it. It just hurts so much and I wish I was going with him. D: But don't think much about it, just enjoy every single minute you're with him. No matter what you decide to do, even if you're not really doing anything, I'm sure you'll enjoy it so much. Have fun! ^^
      "Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue,
      a wonderful living side by side can grow, if they succeed in loving the distance between them
      which makes it possible for each to see the other whole against the sky."
      - Rainer Maria Rilke

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet,
      regardless of time, place, or circumstance.
      The thread may stretch or tangle, but it will never break."
      - an ancient Chinese belief

Comment

Aww that's great that you guys will have a chance to see each other!

I think that what you do when he's there really depends on you two and what you guys feel like doing. Like LMH said, some people like going out and visiting places and others like to stay in and just enjoy each other's company. My SO and I are somewhere in the middle.. Some days we like going out and some days we like staying at home being lazy.
        Best part of the visit I have to say is just being with my SO again after so long. That first moment when you see him at the airport, the first hug and kiss... I can't even explain it, it just feels amazing. The worst part is obviously the departure. I try not to think about it because I feel that if I get all depressed from the moment we're together it ruins the visit but sometimes it's really hard and I end up crying and getting all sad even a couple of days before we have to say goodbye.

I'm not telling you it's going to be easy.
        I'm telling you it's going to be worth it.

Comment

One more thing to be prepared for is that it can be awkward to be around each other again for the first day. It doesn't happen all the time, but if it does, just give it time. You've been apart for a while so it can take some time to get used to being around each other again.
          "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
          Made it official: September 17, 2010
          Got engaged: January 15, 2012
          Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
          Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
          Got married: November 21, 2012
          Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
          Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

best part, the first few minutes... shy and excited all at once
            then the first chance to be alone and focused on each other.... awesome time

worst part... goodbyes... i do it every weekend and it does not get easier.
            Critter
            --
            We come to love not by finding a perfect person,
            but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.

Comment

Working...
            X