Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can we make it work

Hello,
    So i'm new to this long distance relationship stuff(last year i thought they could never work because a co-worker of mine went through a bad one). But I meet this girl online acouple weeks ago and we hit it off great. Problem is she lives 6000 miles away. We chatted through email for like a week and a half, now we've been skyping almost everyday.

We'll instant message back and fourth for hours, and when we can we video chat it will be several hours. But the time difference and that were both in college kills from talking a supper ton. Now we started talking last week how we want to meet and everything and started thinking of ideas. But now she's gone in the whole other direction and not sure if we'll be able to this summer. Cause she'd be scared of meeting a stranger and what not. But I know if we continue chatting, we'll become closer when the visit time comes this summer. She says she has strong feelings for me and all. Now considering we live 6000 miles apart, we were either going to meet us here in the US, or in another country or I'll meet her at her country. I'm willing to do anything because I feel we could be some special, we just bound so well(I know its online). Before even meeting her, she was already moving back to the US in a year or so for more schooling.

So is this just a small bump in the road, have you guys had these. What are your guys opinions in what we should do. I know its best to take it slow and all. Also she keeps telling me to keep my options open around me, and not focus on her 100%. But like I told her, no person around me is as great as her. Thanks

I personally think it's a bit soon for you two to be meeting, even if you plan the visit for a couple months away. At this point in time you're only friends and you're still just getting to know one another on a basic level, so I can see her concern about 'meeting a stranger'. Technically to a degree you still are one. If she's already planned to return to the US within a year or so, perhaps you could wait until then and right now just focus on developing your friendship and, if it comes to it, your relationship. Plenty of people wait years to see the person they're dating and if you both decide to see each other sooner then go for it. However right now I wouldn't make that my main focus or even that much of a minor focus as it sounds like she isn't on board with the idea and I know I wouldn't want someone traveling 6k miles to see me when I'm not ready to see them. As for her comment about keeping your options open, there are a lot of interpretations to that. One could be it's just a formality, that she doesn't want to feel like she's limiting your options for potential girlfriends. It could also mean she doesn't want to advance to a relationship despite you saying she holds feelings for you. It's hard to say as I don't know her and girls tend to have several definitions for everything we say no matter what.

Comment

I think you just have to give it time. Plan your trip and have fun doing it, just respect her wishes. If you two both try to make it work, it won't be an issue. Sure, everyone has bumps in the road. You just have to remember that time will improve your relationship. It will help to build it and strengthen it. You do have options, so does she. Long distance relationships are hard but I'm sure you two can do it if you really want to me. Good luck, if you need anything please feel free to message me.

Comment

Working...
      X