On letting the SO off the hook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LadyMarchHare View Post
    I was not implying that you said that, please don't put words in my mouth. My point of saying that was you sounded like you were aggravated that he was getting tired by doing these things and not something more 'important' from your point of view, and I was merely pointing out that everyone has a passtime and it isn't a lesser reason. Yes it's easier to control how much you put into them, but all the same.

And if you want him to take the initiative once in a while, tell him so. As mentioned by someone else, he is not a mind reader and you grumbling about it and not tactfully discussing it with him like an adult's not going to change anything.
    Oh. I wasn't trying to put words in your mouth. I was just simply emphasizing that I know that already, etc. If that is how it sounded, it wasn't my intention and I'm sorry for that.

You gave me good advice and I really thank you for that. But I would appreciate the advice more if they weren't given in such a patronizing manner.

Comment

lol i have done that! ehh ill just look at his usser name and it says he's offline lol so depressing but its cause i miss him! Eh and skype and anything live messes up for him or just has problems so i dont get to see him as often as i like, im thankful i have videos he's made me, but i so wish i could just see him everyday or anytime i wanted. ehhh lol distance is hard but at least its for someone you know is worth it
      I love you Nathan <3
      sigpic
      5/25/09 <3

Comment

Originally posted by kiara_silver View Post
        ehhh lol distance is hard but at least its for someone you know is worth it
        Totally agree!

Comment

Originally posted by stargazerlily View Post
          Oh. I wasn't trying to put words in your mouth. I was just simply emphasizing that I know that already, etc. If that is how it sounded, it wasn't my intention and I'm sorry for that.

You gave me good advice and I really thank you for that. But I would appreciate the advice more if they weren't given in such a patronizing manner.
          I'm not patronizing you, I'm merely not piling on the sugar with my words. Just because someone won't hold your hand and is blunt with how they say things doesn't mean they think you're stupid or anything else, hon. The reason why I asked you not to put words into my mouth is because you ended several sentences with an exclamation point, thus implying to me you were either yelling at me or some brand of hysterical. That clearly was not your intention, however you need to be careful with how you word things and how you end sentences when it's all text with no voice inflection because it's easier than anything else to misconstrue intent by just those tiny things alone. I get that you're upset and looking for advice but you have to expect someone's gonna say something you're not gonna necessarily like or in a way you don't like. That's life.

Comment

Working...
          X