Asterisks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asterisks.

If any of you are like me, you turn actions into words using these. Discuss how amazing it feels.

Yes, both my boyfriend and I do this from time to time. I really like it a lot, I can't explain why. I love getting *hugs* and sending my boyfriend *hugs* when we're apart. Also, we like to *teleport* to one another too lol.

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

Originally posted by loveknowsnodistance27 View Post
      Yes, both my boyfriend and I do this from time to time. I really like it a lot, I can't explain why. I love getting *hugs* and sending my boyfriend *hugs* when we're apart. Also, we like to *teleport* to one another too lol.
      Haha, me and my girlfriend get a lot more descriptive with it. I've found that the emotions are the same when you do it as if they were actually there.

Comment

I do it all the time, and not just with my girlfriend either. Usually, when I can't say anything to someone, I'll use the asterisks to give them a big hug or something like that. It does actually feel like you're actually doing it.
        National Novel Writing Month Participant- 2010, 2011, 2012
        National Novel Writing Month Winner- 2010, 2011, 2012

Current Writing Project: Wait Until Next Year

Comment

I don't really do this. I have a friend who always gives me *hugs* but as far as me and my SO we don't use this, but we have heated convo's but more of what we wish we could do, or kind of like dirty talk or describe, and well im not going to go into it lol but as far as using **** i don't really do often
          I love you Nathan <3
          sigpic
          5/25/09 <3

Comment

me and my SO use - signs all the time for that
            "taim i ngrá leat mo anam chara <3"

Kitten: -laces fingers together- our souls are one <3
            Keith: -blushes and gazes at lovingly- forever and always <3

Comment

Originally posted by kiara_silver View Post
              I don't really do this. I have a friend who always gives me *hugs* but as far as me and my SO we don't use this, but we have heated convo's but more of what we wish we could do, or kind of like dirty talk or describe, and well im not going to go into it lol but as far as using **** i don't really do often

Comment

We do that too! It's easier to express your feelings when you use asterisk. *hug* *runs away* XD
                "Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue,
                a wonderful living side by side can grow, if they succeed in loving the distance between them
                which makes it possible for each to see the other whole against the sky."
                - Rainer Maria Rilke

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet,
                regardless of time, place, or circumstance.
                The thread may stretch or tangle, but it will never break."
                - an ancient Chinese belief

Comment

Sadly, I want to use this, but it would take too much explanation of internet slang and translation from English to Chinese. Boy's actually a 50 yr old man in internet know-how =________=

Comment

Originally posted by FadedSunrise View Post
                    Sadly, I want to use this, but it would take too much explanation of internet slang and translation from English to Chinese. Boy's actually a 50 yr old man in internet know-how =________=
                    D=

Bummer!

Comment

My SO and I both use asterisks when incorporating affection or any actions in our IM or text conversation, though in text he uses - instead of * since his phone has a limited keyboard. I enjoy it because my SO is a very gifted writer so the way he expresses any action or affection is very poetic and really gets me more than a simple "*kiss*" could. He tries weening me off smilies, though, which has yet to happen. Not the ones that make your IM service ping an actual image in its place, the really weird ones.

Comment

Being WoWers we used / instead of * and sometimes if we had been playing too much, we would type ./whatever action even in an instant message, which should make sense to other wow players.

Comment

Originally posted by garnet View Post
                          Being WoWers we used / instead of * and sometimes if we had been playing too much, we would type ./whatever action even in an instant message, which should make sense to other wow players.
                          I used to do that all the time until I realized it made more sense to use asterisks.

Comment

We use them a LOT, but typically much more descriptive than just *hugs*. Sometimes it spans into very descriptive paragraphs.

Comment

*Giggle* My SO and i do that all the time, when we're having really weird conversations it gets more descriptive and more complicated, like we use it for when were thinking one thing and saying something else.
                              As long as there is air in my lungs... there is a chance

Comment

Working...
                              X