Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

uhhhhm............ promise ring sorta thing? :) i need ideas lol

so im gonna be in a long distance relationship soon
    and id be nice if i could have something to symbolize our love and relationship and stuff lol.
    im talking about something pretty much like a promise ring
    but it cant be a ring cuz it will freak my mom out haha (im a still a young young teen XD)
    but something we could have with us at all times
    got any ideas?

kay thanks so much for ur answers guys but i think i will go with the ring
    so if you were my mom do u think u would freak out if i got a ring from my bf to show that were serious?

An LFAD matching bracelet?

Comment

I second the LFAD bracelets. They're very simple, comfortable, and can hold a lot of meaning. Plus I like it when I know my SO is wearing his too, I feel like in a way we're connected for wearing the same thing.

Could also look into maybe getting a locket and putting their picture in it or something that reminds you of them in case you don't want your mom questioning why you're wearing someone's picture.

Comment

the LFAD bracelets they are awesome~
        "taim i ngrá leat mo anam chara <3"

Kitten: -laces fingers together- our souls are one <3
        Keith: -blushes and gazes at lovingly- forever and always <3

Comment

Yeah, the LFAD bracelets.

They're also cheap, so you don't have to spend a lot of money.

Comment

Failing the bracelets (They are great, I have some, but I know some people wouldn't wear something that obvious) you could also purchase real bracelets and attach a charm to each of them that remind you of each other. Obi and I still have ours from when we were long distance, we still wear them every single day, except we've managed to upgrade them now to better quality. Mine has a tiny deer charm and his a rabbit because they are the animals we best identify with.

You could also go for mizpah charms, or those little charms that look like puzzle pieces. Or buy a watch as a reminder that time is passing rapidly and soon you'll be together again.
            Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

I agree with the bracelets, just make sure your SO will actually wear it before you buy it.

"You know it's love when you want to keep holding hands even after you're sweaty."
              -- Anonymous

Comment

If you're Irish (or like celtic-inspired jewelery), wear a Claddaugh ring. It's simple, but very meaningful and it doesn't look like a promise ring. Or you can wear any piece of jewelery with the claddaugh symbol on it really. I wear my ring every day but I also have a necklace.

Comment

I wanted to get my SO some sort of promise ring, but knowing that he rarely even would wear his class ring, i had to think about something "manly" that would remind him how strong our bond is. i got him this sort of bracelet (if you want, look up "dodo charms by pomellato", made out of black rope and a gold charm, a penguin. i got him the penguin because penguins love each other and are faithful even when they spend long times apart from each other..
                  you may like something similar.
                  good luck deciding!

Distance doesn't matter when two hearts are loyal to each other.

Comment

my bf doesnt like jewelry.. lol otherwise i would have given him a metalic ring (those that dont corrode, i forgot the name of that specific metal atm) and engrave I love you in the inner part of the ring.

I plan to do that engraving for our wedding bands.

Comment

joyce i think that is really cute about the penguins

Comment

If you want a really cheap solution, go with something like trading a shit. That's what I did with Enrique. It smelled a lot like him, and was comfy to sleep with. I also felt less lonely ;_;!

Comment

Working...
                        X