No announcement yet.

Blahh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I have a superiority complex when it comes to my relationship because rarely do other couples make me sad because I don't think their relationship compares to mine at all. Perhaps I just set up a defense mechanism so those things won't bug me. I know that my relationship is awesome and always look forward to the times where we can be the couple who holds hands in public.

If someone rubbed it in, that would be another thing entirely. All it would do is tick me off, not make me sad.

Comment

I kind of just turn a blind eye to the mushy couples. I don't let myself pay attention to them because then I don't have to worry about feeling sad or jealous.
      sigpic

Comment

I'm with you! I have that feeling today. My friend is upset she hasn't seen her SO because he is gone for four days. It will be three weeks for me. I don't know if they will ever appreciate the communication and memories that come with being together. I also know that someday this will make us a stronger couple.
        *It doesn't matter where you are but who you are with*

Comment

I'll admit I have gotten jealous of the mushy couples at times. It always seems they are more prominent when my boyfriend and I are apart. -_- But, I know what I have with my boyfriend is very special and I cherish those moments he is home from college. When he's not there, I tend to try and ignore the other couples, and it always brings me back to the times I've spent with my boyfriend. I do get sad and start to miss him if I do see them, but that's temporary. I realize that our relationship is different than those people and they probably haven't connected emotionally as much as we have and probably don't have as good communication skills as we have built up through this LDR. We are growing stronger together through being apart and if a relationship can withstand distance, it can withstand anything!

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Micah View Post
            I think I have a superiority complex when it comes to my relationship because rarely do other couples make me sad because I don't think their relationship compares to mine at all. Perhaps I just set up a defense mechanism so those things won't bug me. I know that my relationship is awesome and always look forward to the times where we can be the couple who holds hands in public.
            This is how I feel most of the time.

Originally posted by LadyMarchHare View Post
            That's another thing I comfort myself with is sometimes you know these people aren't gonna last or they're having a fling or whatever so that ultimately it's not serious ...
            Agreed - as others in this thread have said already, I tend to think that their familiarity breeds contempt (or at least allows them to take their good fortune for granted!).

Originally posted by joyce92ts View Post
            the worst thing is that my classmate grabs his girlfriend, calles my name, i turn around, he kisses her, and then teases me, while she laughs.
            the only thing that keeps me from jumping on their desk and hitting them with my binder is the thought that i know they won't last long together (i know, it's mean to say) but they keep offending each other, she hits him during lessons and calles him quite rude names in front of the teacher, and openly flirts with another class mate. i just think it's unfair, certain couples are together when they really seem to take love for granted, while others endure distance knowing how special their love is and wishing they could be in their SO's arms
            Yep, you're taking the right approach with them. It's just a matter of time. Of course, it's quite reasonable that their ill behavior would bother you as well. You're taking the high road, though. Good on you!
            My heart belongs to a pilot!
            ~*~
            ~*~
            [/center]

Comment

I know how you feel

Hi!

I have a similar experience with you. My long distance relationship started when I decided to get a Philippine bride . I just console myself with the fact that we'll be together someday and hopefully forever.

Comment

I play really loud music or read a good book, while I sit and generally feel pity for myself haha which I know I shouldn't
                I eat chocolate. LOTS and LOTS of chocolate!!! LOL

Comment

I usually try to just ignore them. If that doesn't work, I'll text my SO and ask him to get on Skype if it isn't too late (we have a six hour time difference). Sometimes, just seeing him and hearing his voice can make everything seem so much better.
                  "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
                  Made it official: September 17, 2010
                  Got engaged: January 15, 2012
                  Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
                  Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
                  Got married: November 21, 2012
                  Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
                  Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

Working...
                  X