Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what are the good things about LDRs? what are the pros? :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what are the good things about LDRs? what are the pros? :)

Cmon just say something positive

You don't have to feel guilty for hanging out too much with friends.

Comment

If your relationship begins online, you're pretty much obligated to get to know their personality before you see a face or the entire person. While looks play a certain role in attraction, I think if you find enough common threads within each other and like them for how they are as a person first it makes looks less important or at least the person more willing to accept flaws that might be in the person such as weight, height, skin complexion, whatever.

Being someone that gets overlooked in person a lot something like that to me is a plus.

Comment

I think it's nice because you have more of an emotional bond with them. Many say to me, when they learn I'm in an LDR, "But you never see him." Or "how can you love someone you never see?" I think it makes it stronger by not seeing them. You learn the inside before you meet the out. You can't be distracted by someones words online if you're sitting there staring at their massive pimple. While I do think that someone has to be attractive to you for you to really love them (feel free to disagree), I think by getting to know the inside first, it just makes all the outside look so much better. To be honest, if I didn't know my SO like I do, I probably wouldn't think he's (quote)"sexy", but because I do, I think he's the most handsome man alive.

And also, you don't have to be accused of ditching your friends for your boyfriend because with technology now days, you can take them everywhere and never make anyone feel like a third wheel. :]

Comment

Originally posted by juliaentwined View Post
          And also, you don't have to be accused of ditching your friends for your boyfriend because with technology now days, you can take them everywhere and never make anyone feel like a third wheel. :]
          I got the cutest mental image from that. Pocket boyfriend!

Comment

You don't have to feel obligated to always look your best lol. Also, you develop very good communication skills, trust and don't get tired of seeing your SO. Also, you learn to be more independent and develop a life outside your SO. You also don't have to shave your legs as frequently. xD

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

You have your own life. You aren't constantly attached to another person, so you have the liberty to go out and be independent.
              "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love " ~ Theodore Seuss Geisel.

Comment

For me a huge benefit is learning how to communicate more effectively. My guy and I still have communication issues but we don't fight and normally talk everything out because we have to online. We now use those skills when we're together in person too.
                I also think it's good to have the space to grow individually.
                Money Savers a LFAD group for people to share money saving ideas, tips, links, etc.

Comment

You have a stronger emotional connection.

Comment

you learn to enjoy the little things better when you two are together.
                    when my SO is here, i love everything we do, even if we just sit there, or run errands. i cherish every moment so much more, knowing those moments cannot always happen<3

Comment

Originally posted by loveknowsnodistance27 View Post
                      You also don't have to shave your legs as frequently. xD
                      Lol. This is also another good thing. I only shave my legs if I'm seeing my SO or wearing a skirt/dress now.

Comment

taught me how to be more independant, how to communicate especially in a argument, absence makes the heart grow fonder and i always look forward to seeing her!

Comment

Originally posted by loveknowsnodistance27 View Post
                          You also don't have to shave your legs as frequently. xD
                          Maybe I'm too comfortable around my guy but I'm very lazy when it comes to leg hair, I spent a month with him and let it grow out naturally lol I am lucky to have fine, pale, slow growing hair.
                          Money Savers a LFAD group for people to share money saving ideas, tips, links, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Insanity View Post
                            Maybe I'm too comfortable around my guy but I'm very lazy when it comes to leg hair, I spent a month with him and let it grow out naturally lol I am lucky to have fine, pale, slow growing hair.
                            Lucky! Mine is so dark and long when I don't shave it. I got my dads body hair genes, so I have thick and dark body hair, but my moms hair genes on my head, so there it's dark and thin. Too bad it wasn't switched!

Comment

Originally posted by Insanity View Post
                              I second that "LUCKY!" comment! Lol, I'm Italian, with brown hair so I can't get away with that. >.<

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

Working...
                              X