Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what are the good things about LDRs? what are the pros? :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by steph_bballgirl View Post
    you learn to enjoy the little things better when you two are together.
    when my SO is here, i love everything we do, even if we just sit there, or run errands. i cherish every moment so much more, knowing those moments cannot always happen<3
    This.

You get to appreciate every minute you're able to be together and you look forward to the next visit like a child looks forward to Christmas. That feeling of finally getting to touch each other again after time apart, is a feeling close distance couples wont experience.

Comment

I second pretty much everything everyone else has said...

In the interest of something that hasn't been said: One thing I like about my LDR is being introduced to another culture. A new way of doing things, seeing things. New twists to the language, foods I'd never heard of, things like that. It's a great experience.
      sigpic

Comment

I can't think of much but how exciting it is when you get to reunite again! I always get butterflies when I am on my way to visit him. There's nothing like it. And not having to shave my legs if I don't feel like it is nice too.

Comment

I can say the biggest thing I am learning from this relationship is communication. In the grand scheme of things, in 6 months, The Boy and I have had two fights. That comes out to 4 fights a year. That's not bad, considering I think most couples fight a lot more than that. And I think we can really get that down to 1 or 2 times a year if we learn some better tools to voice our hurts and frustrations.

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

Comment

For me, I think the best thing about being in a LDR is that we don't take our time together for granted. He may have to work or I might have to go to a meeting, but our time together is very precious. We try to make every second we can count. It's really easy to take advantage of the time for parts of the relationship that you miss out on by being apart, but even those times are very precious.
            "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
            Made it official: September 17, 2010
            Got engaged: January 15, 2012
            Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
            Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
            Got married: November 21, 2012
            Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
            Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

Working...
            X