Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Long After Your First Meeting Did You Meet Again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Long After Your First Meeting Did You Meet Again?

My boyfriend and I met for the first time last weekend and we're already talking about meeting again ... soon. We live 1,720 miles apart but airfare between us is just over $100 one way. We'll split the cost of the flight.

How soon after your first meeting did you meet again?

Congrats on the first meet!

We met for the first time from June-Sept. 2010. We closed the distance March 2011. So 6 after our first meet until we saw each other again!

Comment

We met for the first time last December, and planned to meet again a year later, but plans have changed and we're looking to meet again this June, or the very latest, August. This summer is going to be VERY expensive. It costs about 1500 USD for a round trip flight, and from what we're looking at right now...we will be spending at least 4500 USD on plane tickets ONLY. That's not including my parents and possibly brother flying up there to meet his family.

I think, the more you want to see each other the harder you have to work at saving. Because our initial plan was to go backpacking, I have been saving religiously for slightly over a year now, which ended up allowing me to make changes in the plan. (:

All the best to you!

Comment

We met for the first time at the end of January 2010 until end of February and then we met again at the end of November 2010, so about 9 months passed between those two visits. At least this time the gap is going to be only 6 months.

Large gaps mainly due to expensive plane prices as would be expected for a 11,500 mile distance. And when we visit, since it is so expensive a short trip isn't much use, so the only time that we have enough time available for a long trip is during my Uni holidays, or her holidays which are at opposite times of the year.
        Last edited by BoogleBee; April 15, 2011, 12:28 AM.

Comment

My boyfriend and I first met in November 2010 and we have yet to meet for the second time. We planned to try for a summer visit this year, so that would make it about 9 months since we were thinking late August for me to go out there. But plans are still not set in stone.

Comment

We met the first time 1 months after we started dating. And the second meeting was about 2 months after our first meeting. We live 4.465 miles apart, and we visit each other 2-3 times a year. Depends though... hehe
            Last edited by LotusWing; April 15, 2011, 12:57 AM.

Comment

My boyfriend and I have met only once. Going by the second ticker in my sig I think that was about...a little over 6 months ago? Since then we have not been able to plan another time to be together. We had hoped for something in December, then January, then last month, but sadly real life/money/school/family crops up and doesn't always make that so easy. The best laid plans of mice and men and all that, y'know?

Comment

We were CD before, so I left August 8th 2010, he came over there in December 27th 2010, so it was close to 5 months apart. I'm going in the end of may so it's close to another 5 months apart again this time. It will then be close to 6 months until he comes to visit for Christmas this year. It's $900-1000 a ticket to get to each other, so 1 visit each (2 visits total) a year is all we can afford, and I wouldn't even be able to afford it without my Dad helping me out. After the christmas visit it should only be a few months till we close the distance, so not long to go.

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
                <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
                The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
                <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
                <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
                Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
                Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

We met about a month into our relationship in November, 2010. After that, we didn't see eachother for 3 months because he was cut off from the main town & airport because of flooding. So after that, 2nd time was early March of this year, and the 3rd time was only a few weeks ago. So in 6 months, we've been physically together a total of 15 days. While we're in different states, it's not cheap for him to come see me. I want to fly up to see him but I have a mother full of worry, no job & I study full-time so it's not exactly easy. But a lot is happening in the following months, so hopefully it allow us to close the distance by the end of this year.

Comment

well her first visit she came in August and then I went to see her in December so 4 months

Comment

Well, my SO and I met each other while I was on vacation in the UK. That was in August (we weren't a couple yet). I saw him again in November when I went back there (after we decided to make it official). Our second visit as a couple was in January when he came to visit me. That's a total of two months, but we haven't seen each other since then. He's coming in May for my graduation from uni. The time between our visits vary.
                      "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
                      Made it official: September 17, 2010
                      Got engaged: January 15, 2012
                      Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
                      Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
                      Got married: November 21, 2012
                      Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
                      Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

Our first meeting was October 2010 and then our second was February 2011. So 4 months? That sounds about right. We will probably start to plan for this summer after May 1, when we have some idea of what is going on with the dean search, although I've been looking for airfare to Hawaii in June since about March 15th or so...however, he may very easily be stateside in June/July to visit his family, so we'll see...

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

Comment

Well, my boyfriend and I went to high school together. But after he graduated high school, we didn't see one another for 14 years. We reconnected via facebook. We first "met" after that in June 2010 for the weekend at my place, and then 3 weeks later, in July 2010, I went to visit him and spent 10 days with him. So, 3 weeks. We are about 700 miles apart and it's a 10 hour drive or a short flight that usually costs between $150-$200.

Comment

I met him for the first time in october 2009, but I was with somebody else ( close distance ). The next meeting was july 2010, and we made it official. So it was 9 months but after we're officially together we met more often, alternately. In november 2010 he moved to sydney which means we're more than 4,000,000 miles apart now, and I don't know when will I see him again, perhaps on Xmas. I hope..

Comment

About two months. We first met in March 2010 and the second time was in May 2010.

Comment

Working...
                              X