Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Long After Your First Meeting Did You Meet Again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well I'm glad you guys can get together soon.

we are very close so this was our pattern:

decided to start something in early november
    met once in december
    met twice in January
    met twice in february (and this was the beginning of our serious relationship)
    march 4th my husband moved out
    march we started planning every other weekend... that lasted two weeks
    now we see each other every weekend.....
    Critter
    --
    We come to love not by finding a perfect person,
    but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.

Comment

I've only met him once but our next visit is planned exactly a year from the first meeting T.T
      mainly due to school and parents sooooo, nothing we can do about that.

Notes:
      Met: 8.17.09
      Started Dating: 8.20.09
      First Met: 10.2.10
      Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

4 Months for us.
        Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

2 months for us

Comment

I definitely don't think I could endure a relationship having to wait an entire year to see him again. Luckily airfare between us isn't too expensive (and hopefully it'll stay that way) so I hope we'll be able to see each other every 6 - 10 weeks. I want to move the relationship forward and move closer to closing the distance, but I can't do that in good faith without having met a bunch of times.

Comment

2 months.

Comment

It was a year after we first met that we saw each other again, then it was 13 years after that. This time around, we got back together in June while he was here visitng me and I flew up to visit him in October. We've kept it between 3-4 months for the most part. But we both have kids and careers that we have to work around as well so planning in crucial

Comment

about 3 months. i met my SO while i was on vacation and we hadn't really established if we were dating or not but he wanted to come see me. then we made it official

you are extremely lucky....like another user posted, i too am facing $1,000+ this summer just to see my boy

Comment

We waited for around six months to meet for the second time. We're on the opposite sides of the world so it's really expensive.
                    "Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue,
                    a wonderful living side by side can grow, if they succeed in loving the distance between them
                    which makes it possible for each to see the other whole against the sky."
                    - Rainer Maria Rilke

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet,
                    regardless of time, place, or circumstance.
                    The thread may stretch or tangle, but it will never break."
                    - an ancient Chinese belief

Comment

We were CD before and by the time I make the visit planned next month, it will be right around 5 months since we said goodbye. This will be our first official visit since we became LD and I'm eager to see how it's going to go. I'm thinking saying goodbye will be even harder

Comment

64 days for me. I'm very fortuante for the 600 miles we have right now and enjoying it before I move much farther away for college. I hope your first meeting was great!!!

Comment

It was a year before I saw my SO again after our first meeting. We met in July 2005 and we met again July 2006. It was mainly due to the fact that he was a secret from my family for a little while after our first meeting and I had to convince them to let him come back to meet them so he could prove to them how wonderful he truly is. They finally caved in and we bought the ticket April of 2006.

We are truly lucky. We try to see each other every few months. We have flexible schedules because we are both going to college. Our holidays/days off are similar (for the most part). We stay with each other in our apartments, so we never have to pay up for hotel costs. We use to pay around $200 for our trip, however thanks to this economy, we are paying near $400 for tickets now (which I know doesn't even compare to some others on here who travel overseas). It is hard due to the fact that he is located in Orlando, Florida which is a hotspot vacation location and that means more $$$ Thankfully, we'll be closing the distance in less than 2 years.

*~*~*Forever & Always*~*~*

Comment

Well this time its 3 and a bit months. In fact, this time next year, we should be nearly closing the distance

Comment

We met in person in February 2010 then met again every three months after that.

Comment

11months and 26days

Comment

Working...
                                X