He can't make it as soon as we'd liked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He can't make it as soon as we'd liked

so...I've been kind of expecting to make this thread but kind of dreading making it. *sighs* Originally Alex was going to come visit this summer in June or July, then it was pushed back to July or August and today he told me I had to choose whether I got a visit this summer or whether he'd spend Christmas with me and my family. I chose Christmas. I may be moving up to that area in September if I get accepted to UofA (I may find out next week) so it makes more sense for him to come down in December to meet everyone here and spend Christmas with me.

It doesn't change the fact that it was three months of hoping that go unfulfilled but...*shrugs* with the economy the way it is he can't really help it and I don't blame him. besides, when I move he's going to be the one doing most of the visiting as I won't be able to drive.

Feeling a bit down tonight, I guess but, oh well. Sorry, I guess this was kind of a rant ^^;

*hugs* Try to look at the bright side of it, at least you get to spend Christmas together!

Comment

Lol, if you call that a rant then you're the most positive person on the planet!

It sucks when things (usually life) gets in the way of your plans. I think I would've chosen Christmas as well tbh. I'm sure the months from now 'til September will fly by if you get accepted to UofA and you have to start planning the move!

Has your family come to terms with the fact that you're dating someone online btw? Cause I remember you saying you're not gonna tell them you're romantically involved with him until you've met him... But I don't know/remember what happened after that! Please tell tell tell

Comment

I can totally understand your disappointment, cause I've went through it numerous times, but on a good note, at least you guys get to spend Christmas together. I'm sure that will be one fun, memory filled Christmas that you both will remember! And I'm sure at the moment Christmas seems far away but it will fly by and be here before you know it! Best wishes to you both

Comment

Oh I'm really sorry to hear this folclor, sounds like you're handling it pretty well though, so give yourself some credit for that *hug*
          I'm with Tanja it damn right sucks when things get in the way, I can imagine you're very disappointed but stay positive and focus on seeing him Christmas. I know how you feel I was supposed to see my guy June/July too but our plans have been ruined. Stay positive
          Money Savers a LFAD group for people to share money saving ideas, tips, links, etc.

Comment

I'm sorry the trip got pushed back, but at least it isn't full out cancelled, and I bet him staying will be the best Christmas present ever this year

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
            <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
            The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
            <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
            <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
            Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
            Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

I can really understand that. It always sucks when a visit get pushed back. You get your hopes up and then BOOM nothing.

I hope you are doing well though.
              "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love " ~ Theodore Seuss Geisel.

Comment

Originally posted by Tanja View Post
                Has your family come to terms with the fact that you're dating someone online btw? Cause I remember you saying you're not gonna tell them you're romantically involved with him until you've met him... But I don't know/remember what happened after that! Please tell tell tell
                lol, yeah, they pretty much have. They don't freak out anymore and my dad and brothers don't have a problem with it. My mom is the only one lamenting how I am not getting to "enjoy a normal relationship." ^^; I think she's kind of annoyed that he won't be coming down this summer, too, though, because he was supposed to meet my family then but *shrugs* I'll introduce them at Christmas.

Thanks y'all. I don't feel as sad about it today but the main thing was last night I came to the realization that we won't get to spend our anniversary together so that was kind of hard. ^^; oh well. life goes on.

Comment

Working...
                X