Taking the big step (Trip Update)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taking the big step (Trip Update)

I'm still here in Japan till Monday, but my SO left for work today. (he works on a ship for 5 weeks). I made a thread back in February asking for advice, because my SO and I considered getting married. So now our visit this April is over and I thought I wanted to share how it went.
    We spent February and March thinking a lot, I went to Japan on March 30th and on April 4th we decided to sign the marriage papers and hand them in to the city hall. All the way up to that date I had been clear on that I wanted to go through with this, but at the city hall I felt a minor panic attack and feared I was making a mistake. But, we went through with it and received our official marriage papers.

On the 6th we drove all the way from Miyazaki (South Japan) to Osaka (In mid-Japan) - a 12 hour trip by car (we then stayed for 4 days). Since we then had to go to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to get the papers I need to give to the Japanese embassy in Denmark to get a translation of our marriage papers to give to my city hall. We will still remain long distance though, because of his job and the fact that he can't get a visa in Denmark even though we're married. (I'm 21, but I have to be 24 before he can get one) So we'll still stick to the original plan, which is being long distance for 3 years, which it takes for me to graduate university and then I'll move to Japan.

Last week we ordered our wedding rings and also decided to get our pictures taken at a studio in Japanese wedding clothes.

Congratulations!!! And thanks for sharing the pictures---they are soooo awesome

Comment

Awesome pictures!

Comment

Great pictures!!! You both look great! Congrats on your marriage and I hope everything works out for you guys

Comment

Thank you <3

Comment

Whoa, awesomesauce on toast! This is so neat, thanks for sharing! And congrats! I hope all continues to go wonderfully for you two.
            sigpic

Comment

Congratulations! What cool pictures. How interesting to see different cultures bridal wear

Comment

Very cool!

Comment

Woo Congrats! That's very exciting.

One question.. is that headdress uncomfortable?
                  Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

OMG congratulations Those pictures are awesome!! Good Luck on this new path in you journey ^-^
                    "taim i ngrá leat mo anam chara <3"

Kitten: -laces fingers together- our souls are one <3
                    Keith: -blushes and gazes at lovingly- forever and always <3

Comment

OH WOW! Congrats! I'm so happy for you! I hope the embassies make it all an easy ride for you guys!

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
                      <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
                      The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
                      <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
                      <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
                      Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
                      Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

awwww adorable pictures!!

Distance doesn't matter when two hearts are loyal to each other.

Comment

Congratulations to you both! i wish i could see the pictures, but for some reason they aren't showing u for me...
                          your profile picture looks wonderful though
                          Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again.
                          And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.
                          ~Richard Bach

“Always,” said Snape.

Comment

Congrats! The pictures are beautiful, you look so happy!

Comment

Thank you everybody for the kind comments.

Originally posted by blankita719 View Post
                              Congratulations! What cool pictures. How interesting to see different cultures bridal wear
                              Hehe, I guess the only thing that makes Japanese bridal wear similar to western bridal wear is the black & white colors. The big white dresses and church weddings are also very popular in Japan. But since my dream since I was 15 years old was to marry a Japanese guy and also wanted to get to wear the Japanese bridal wear.

Originally posted by Zephii View Post
                              Woo Congrats! That's very exciting.

One question.. is that headdress uncomfortable?
                              Haha. At first I didn't think it was, except I was worried it would fall off, since it felt like it was kinda balancing on my head. Though at the end of the photo shoot, since the headdress was a bit heavy, the headdress was putting pressure on a hairband my own hair was pinned up with, that was quite painful and made it hard to keep smiling. Also because the kimono was bound so tight, I could not take a proper breathe and the studio got warm. So I was thankful it wasn't a full wedding ceremony. XD

Originally posted by ioanna View Post
                              Congratulations to you both! i wish i could see the pictures, but for some reason they aren't showing u for me...
                              your profile picture looks wonderful though
                              I wonder why. I'll try with thumbnails then and hope you're able to see them.

Comment

Working...
                              X