Sleep walking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sleep walking

Okay so I really had no idea where to post this, but anyways...

My SO told me last night that he sleep walks. Well he had told me before but I forgot... hehe Well yeah he told me a little more in depth now. Says that when he was a kid he used to walk out of the house and everything. Now he says he doesn't go very far. Just gets out of bed and starts to walk around a little. He says he usually wakes up when he's "trying to find something" in his dream and can't do it. He says he does it about twice a year.

I am a super light sleeper and I know for a fact if I wake up and hear someone messing around in the apartment I'm going to FLIP OUT! I think it would scare the mess out of me. He says "oh just come and wake me up". I was like "NO! I'm gonna bang a pot or throw something at you but I'm not going near you!"

I suppose it shouldn't be that big a deal, but it really will freak me out. Anyone here sleep walk or have experience with sleep walkers so I don't feel so scared?

well number one thing do not wake him up when he does that cause it could be dangerous for him, i used to sleep walk when i was in middle school due to alot of stress as far as i know i stopped doing it, Denise has only done it when shes super stressed. its nothing to worry about all you have to do is just lay in your bed and realize its only him and wait until he comes back into bed

Comment

My brother sleepwalks, always has. He also talks, screams, grunts and punches the air while he sleeps. Yes, he is a weirdo, lol.
      With him he'll usually just get up out of bed, walk down the hallway, bump into some walls and then stumble back into bed. My guess is that you'll get used to it. I remember times when I had sleepovers and my friends would freak out when they heard someone was walking around. I would always be like.."oh nooo it's just my brother sleepwalking again".

Comment

My brother sleepwalks, always has. He also talks, screams, grunts and punches the air while he sleeps. Yes, he is a weirdo, lol.
        With him he'll usually just get up out of bed, walk down the hallway, bump into some walls and then stumble back into bed. My guess is that you'll get used to it. I remember times when I had sleepovers and my friends would freak out when they heard someone was walking around. I would always be like.."oh nooo it's just my brother sleepwalking again".

Comment

My SO is the king of Sleepwalking/talking!! He got up a couple times when I was with him but He would just go into the other room and turn the tv on or stuff like that. If you know they do it then when you wake up to noise and see them not beside you know who it is. WHen I wasn't there however he managed to sleep walk out of his apartment in the middle of the night! He fell asleep with his clothes on while on the sofa so he still had his phone in his pocket so he called the landlord but he was not very happy. He has also waken up standing on his bed.
          The weirdest one was when he had sleep sex! He started coming on to me so I was like well alright. It was probably the best sex we'd ever had! In the morning he woke up and couldn't figure out why he was so tired and I asked how he could not know. I told himi and he didn't remember a thing!
          His sleep talking is what usually wakes me up. The funniest thing hes ever said was ' when it comes to deporting people. hopefully they'll look at that and go hes alright and give us occasional chocolate cake"

Comment

My boyfriend sleep wants occasionally. Mostly when he's had a bit too much to drink.
            "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love " ~ Theodore Seuss Geisel.

Comment

I am a big sleepwalker! Haha. Stress triggers my episodes. Just to clear up the myth, it is not dangerous to wake a sleepwalker--it can be pretty difficult though! For me, if you tell me to go back to bed, sometimes I'll listen! That could work with him. Haha. But, in all honesty, I wouldn't worry too much about it unless he starts doing dangerous things. There is no real treatment for sleepwalking disorder, you just kinda have to live with it! Good luck. And don't worry, my poor roommate had to adjust to my nightly walks around the room.

Comment

Originally posted by snow_girl View Post
                My SO is the king of Sleepwalking/talking!! He got up a couple times when I was with him but He would just go into the other room and turn the tv on or stuff like that. If you know they do it then when you wake up to noise and see them not beside you know who it is. WHen I wasn't there however he managed to sleep walk out of his apartment in the middle of the night! He fell asleep with his clothes on while on the sofa so he still had his phone in his pocket so he called the landlord but he was not very happy. He has also waken up standing on his bed.
                The weirdest one was when he had sleep sex! He started coming on to me so I was like well alright. It was probably the best sex we'd ever had! In the morning he woke up and couldn't figure out why he was so tired and I asked how he could not know. I told himi and he didn't remember a thing!
                His sleep talking is what usually wakes me up. The funniest thing hes ever said was ' when it comes to deporting people. hopefully they'll look at that and go hes alright and give us occasional chocolate cake"
                lmao i can see you waking up going "wtf?" lol Denise talks, mumbles, and sometimes kinda sings in her sleep. doesnt bother me i find it cute

Comment

Omg there's lots of sleep walkers on this forum :P

My brother talks in his sleep and its usually swearing, he only does this occasionally.

When I was over to see my boyfriend, we were watching 'Lady and the Tramp' on his laptop. He was laying his head on my lap and as we watched a scene he pointed to the screen and said,"There's a finger," and I was like..wtf? And said,"Is there?" and I even took the scene back to see what he saw and then he said,"There's a finger," I didn't see squat and so I decided to not say a word and kept watching. Then after the movie was finished he told me he remembered saying it but also said he was asleep. He told me he remembers what he does during his sleep talk/walking. I had no idea! He's told me that he does sleep walk too and once he was just staring out the window of his bedroom and his sister came home and looked up to see him staring down at her haha! Also he said he sometimes tries to look for his TV remote.

Comment

My sister sleepwalks. Mostly to the fridge luckily, so her and her partner often wake up with food on them or in the bed. They do install extra locks on their doors to keep her in the house at night though, because there's been some near-misses.

It's not that scary to be around a sleep walker. Kinda like being around a drunk person really. Just invite him back to bed.
                    Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

It's good that he doesn't leave the house! My SO has had sleepwalking episodes (when I'm not there) where he gets up, gets his keys, goes out the front door, out the gate and wakes up in his underwear outside at the elevator! Sleepwalking doesn't scare me at all when I'm with him, but it scares me to death when I am away from him.

Comment

I sleep walk occasionally, usually I fall down the stairs and wake up on the tile floor in the morning, not fun. xD

Notes:
                        Met: 8.17.09
                        Started Dating: 8.20.09
                        First Met: 10.2.10
                        Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

Thanks for all the replies! I feel a little better about it now... I guess I just need to remember it's my SO not a zombie!

Comment

here's a tip if he's a sleepwalker (my parents used it on my brother because he used to sleepwalk and maybe it'll help, but they would put a lot of things on the side of his bed so he couldn't move off the bed) if you can move your bed up so one long side of it is against the wall and if you have a head and foot board keep them on and have him sleep on the side of the bed facing the wall so if he wants to sleep walk it'll probably wake you up as he'd have to climb over you or the foot board to start walking around.

Treasuretrooper <-- how I helped pay for some of my LDR expenses when I was in one.

Comment

Working...
                            X