LDRs in the news!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LDRs in the news!

thought I'd share this CNN article on long-distance relationships, as well as traveling with your long-distance SO :-)

https://www.cnn.com/2011/TRAVEL/04/1....html?hpt=Sbin

Thanks for sharing, this was an interesting read. =]

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

This is kind of like The Boy and me! I'm going to share this with him! Thanks!

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

Comment

Thanks for sharing, this was a good read! ^^
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks for sharing! It's always nice to read about other couples that are making it work.
          "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
          Made it official: September 17, 2010
          Got engaged: January 15, 2012
          Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
          Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
          Got married: November 21, 2012
          Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
          Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

Good article, thanks for posting it
            Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

i love this, and i especially like the whole, vacationing together somewhere idea; just makes me worry a bit about cost :X artists don't make much money (maybe a reasonable amount depending on the specific job?), and i'd hate to make him pay too much to see me

Comment

about time they have something positive about LDRS!

Comment

Nice article !!

and I agree with caitlin! At least the couples are smiling in the photos,haha! A very positive article, thank you for sharing it!

Comment

Originally posted by Caitlin2009 View Post
                    about time they have something positive about LDRS!
                    ABSOLUTELY, Caitlin! I'm doing my dissertation on LDRs and the biased stuff that's out there in the studies is frustrating at times. Stuff like LDR couples not being able to handle being 'close' so they have to have distance, when the reality is we are very connected. If we weren't connected, we couldn't make it work at a distance! Sometimes I wanna rip up these research articles!
                    17 years LDR out of 18 years of marriage. Oh, yeah, plus a year of LDR courtship.

Comment

Working...
                    X