Royal Mail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Royal Mail

This is slightly unrelated I suppose but I had no idea which other category I should have used instead.
    However, 2 weeks ago (on the dot) I sent a package to my guy for his birthday (which is now one week ago as well...) and so far theres absolutely no trace of it. I've sent items there before and it never took longer than 1 1/2 weeks at most!
    I can't track the parcel though because I never got a code for it. The post lady just put a stamp on and that was that.
    Has anyone, preferably from the UK, any idea if theres any help? It'd be extremely frustrating if it was lost. Don't really know what to do cos the royal mail website doesn't even have a proper way to contact them.
    Boo :/

Thanks in advance!

Don't worry, the same thing happens to my SO and I. All the time. A package used to take five days, then two weeks, then three weeks and now it's up to almost four weeks. I don't know why it changed that drastically though.

Comment

I hope so! I'm a tad worried though because my guy lives in Wales.. thats not nearly as far as NZ. I love the UK but royal mail is absolutely customer unfriendly :/

Comment

my SO and I have noticed how slow the post has become lately (I'm in england, he is in the US) it used to take 5 days, before christmas, now it been taking a lot longer. Unless you got recorded delivery, I don't think there is actually anything you can do I'm afraid.

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
        <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
        The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
        <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
        <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
        Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
        Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

I feared there wasn't :/ my only other shipping option would've cost me 75 €.. now I wish I would've paid it against all odds. Thank you either way!

Comment

that is funny that you posted this because i actually just got some christmas cards from my SO in the UK!!! CHRISTMAS CARDS!! dated december 17, 2010 arrived april 2011.

we thought for sure they had been lost.

i'm sure it will turn up!

Comment

oh dear me! Will be totally pointless in 3 months time lol.. I sure do hope it wont take that long! ridiculous!

Comment

Originally posted by meldir View Post
                oh dear me! Will be totally pointless in 3 months time lol.. I sure do hope it wont take that long! ridiculous!
                well if it was a package rather then a letter, they do actually take longer... I know I was freaking out last time I sent him a gift and it took 2 weeks or so to get there. I never get recorded, as I send stuff like chocolate or our USB stick and it's not a huge loss if it gets lost in the post. Was there anything expensive in the parcel?

but jeez 75? extortionate!

Comment

Royal mail are terrible, your looking at about 3 week delivery time for packages at the minute (my ans my SO have sent packages to each other he's in Canada,im UK) when it usually takes 2 weeks at the most.... i wonder if its people sending Prince William and Kate presents clogging up the post?? lol

If he doesnt get anything in 4 weeks id tell him to go to his local depo and ask if theres any mail for him, failing that he can report the package missing with Royal mail (the form can be collected from the post office) they wont find the parcel but will reimburse you the cost of it plus postage.
                  As long as there is air in my lungs... there is a chance

Comment

Originally posted by nicole View Post
                    well if it was a package rather then a letter, they do actually take longer... I know I was freaking out last time I sent him a gift and it took 2 weeks or so to get there. I never get recorded, as I send stuff like chocolate or our USB stick and it's not a huge loss if it gets lost in the post. Was there anything expensive in the parcel?

but jeez 75? extortionate!
                    Same here. I sent a package and it took almost four weeks. I really thought it was lost until one day it finally arrived. The package contained gifts, chocolate, letters and a usb stick with personal stuff on it. We're now looking into putting a password onto the usb stick.

There must be something cheaper though than €75? A package to New Zealand, which is so far away, costs me €25, depending on the weight.

Comment

Originally posted by NaNi View Post
                      We're now looking into putting a password onto the usb stick.
                      if you figure out how to do that could you give me a heads up? My SO sent me our USB with 4 movies on, I got the parcel, it had been tampered with and 2 movies were missing. I was supposed to be sending him some personal photos back, but now I'm terrified of doing it, in case someone tampers with it again and sees

Comment

I actually haven't had any bad experiences with Royal Mail, it's better than Australia Post. I've just found doesn't matter where it's from or going mail can take various travel times. I used to order a lot from the US and most parcels would take 1.5-2 weeks but I've had one that took over a month. I sent a parcel 2 weeks ago to the UK and it arrived Friday or Saturday.
                        I wouldn't worry yet, they might be really busy with Easter and the Royal wedding, who knows.
                        Money Savers a LFAD group for people to share money saving ideas, tips, links, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by nicole View Post
                          if you figure out how to do that could you give me a heads up? My SO sent me our USB with 4 movies on, I got the parcel, it had been tampered with and 2 movies were missing. I was supposed to be sending him some personal photos back, but now I'm terrified of doing it, in case someone tampers with it again and sees
                          Two movies were missing??? No!!! And I thought they wouldn't really look at the usb sticks.

You could put your photos into a zip file. There's an easy way to password protect that.

Comment

Originally posted by NaNi View Post
                            Two movies were missing??? No!!! And I thought they wouldn't really look at the usb sticks.

You could put your photos into a zip file. There's an easy way to password protect that.
                            oh yes they did! We thought it was strange they took 2 and left 2 on there though... zip files! I didn't think of that! right now I've already sent the usb back minus photos, but we will try that!

Now I am paranoid my SO's Easter parcel won't arrive next week =/ He sent mine to my parents house, I wonder if I'll be home to collect it if it's that late =/

Comment

lets hope its just the royal wedding! i totally forgot to consider that, i just hope its not lost. i wrote 12 letters (for each remaining week until i see him again) for him to open on each weeks sunday. so its nothing financially valuable. just an emotional worth really. took so much time to do as well i'm so gutted!

and yes 75 € for priority shipping it wouldve cost me! thanks everyone!

Comment

Working...
                              X