Future Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Future Home

So previously my boyfriend has talked about a bachelor pad when we were on vacation last. In my mind, not going to hopefully happen; especially if we are spending over a year in a long distance relationship and can't stand to leave each other whenever we see each other.

I was just wandering overall...How do you talk about your future living situations with your significant other?

He will get a "big kid" job before I graduate grad. school. When I graduate, do I try and find a job where he is or with our economy, do I find a place that I can actually get a job. We both want large city. Lately with being apart, he has been emotional and the last time I saw him he cried when I left in front of me. And we have slightly mentioned what we want, but never what we want together. Children and not just a house, but a home as always been on my mind. He knows that I want kids, but he always thinks babies are no good! But says it in a joking way. So not now...later maybe! I guess I'm just not sure the right time to bring up that we need to be in the same location and that if I move where he is (because my job is more movable) than I don't want to live down the street. I want to live with him.

Can anyone help???

Have a sit down talk with him and tell him what your concerns are.

Comment

You just need to tell him your needs. He won't know unless you make him aware. If you are as close and attached as you say you are, then chances are he feels the same way as you. Getting it out in the open is very important and then you can plan your future from there.

Comment

Working...
      X