No announcement yet.

Keeping up w/ SO's Family.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't have anything to do with my guys family, I've meet his mum and step day when I visited him but that's really it. I've been thinking about sending them a postcard but things with my guy aren't good at the moment so I'm not sure it would be a good move.
    Money Savers a LFAD group for people to share money saving ideas, tips, links, etc.

Comment

My SO's parents live only 45 minutes from me. So, sometimes I will meet his mom and we'll do lunch or go shopping. We also email each other almost daily and she will call me every once in a while. I don't really hang out with his dad unless my SO's home, but his dad is not really a social butterfly like his mom. They are about the only family members I really keep in touch with. I have his brother and sister-in-law on my facebook, but that's about as far as our relationship goes for now. I am a pretty introverted person, so it takes me a lot of time to warm up to people and I am not good at reaching out to people. That's as good as it gets for now!

Comment

Hmm, when I was there I met most of his family, I'm facebook friends with his sisters and I did hang out with his mum while he was at work. I'd like to do more stuff with them, maybe go camping with his younger sisters in the summer? The only issue I have is that although I speak English I have a very weird accent and bad grammar from mixing it too much with Mandarin, so I feel like I'm speaking very unnaturally when I talk to them.

Comment

Since my SO lives so far away in FL with his parents, I haven't been able to visit them yet but I hope to soon! I've talked to them on skype when I was talking to him and also have chatted with them often on facebook. His mom and I get along well, she even asked me to help her with a business she was trying to start I find it awesome that they are so open to me and hope that my family is the same way when they get to know him better (they don't use the internet as much).

Comment

@Micah...I know what you mean. I'm introverted too and I'm still kinda shy around his aunts and uncles and stuff, so It'll be weird for me (especially with his mom's side- draaaaama) to be there without him to get me to open up.

Comment

My SO's family lives right in the area I do and there aren't very many of them. I see his parents at least once a week, sometimes I will even stay over their house in my guy's old bedroom. His mom, aunts, cousins, and sister in law and I get together once a month for lunch and to get our nails done. Once summer is here I will probably be at his parent's house more because their pool will be open. We're both close to our families so it means a lot that both families get along so well, this year his family came over to my grandparents' house for Easter dinner and my SO is deployed...which another reason why it's so nice to be close to his family in proximity and emotionally. If anything were to happen to him his family would be able to tell me.

Comment

That's great. Yeah his main thing I think is he wants me to keep up with whats going on with his family and since he talks to me most he will want me to update them on him. I always want to be on good terms with them, since I want to marry him someday haha. Plus since I dont have much of my own family its nice to have people to go to.

Comment

Working...
                X