No announcement yet.

Too soon to pack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm doing the whole new underwear thing too, but luckily i bought some at the start of this year for when I went over for the first time. So I don't need to spend lots on that now. Underwear is ridiculously expensive! especially for the nicer looking ones- which you do tend to grab to look sexy for your SO. I bought myself a new bra recently- a nice one and luckily my friend was with me to help me pay for it because it went over my budget :/ just for a damn bra! I had to buy some other things like scarfs, mittens and everything for winter over there (because they werent available like it is now since we're now in Winter seasonal wear at the shops) so I had to buy some things I didn't have. I'm going to take 2 pairs of ratty undies with me because I use them for my time of the month. I'm on the pill but I'm going to allow myself since it's 2 yrs with him to have my periods. I didn't have it when I went over to visit him for the first time for 3 weeks wanted to get the most out of that visit hehe

Comment

Originally posted by snow_girl View Post
      The things I've got in a pile now are my bikini, some new underwear (going to throw out the old ratty ones before I leave, a couple summer dresses (not warm enough in Canada just yet to wear them here) as well as a couple nice dress tops (I don't really anticipate going anywhere nice before I go)
      So to answer the question, they are things I will need just not right now.
      That makes perfect sense. Sorry, I don't even think of seasons, but that will change soon!

Comment

I started slowly packing about a month ahead each weekend. As to what to and not to bring, I packed only my most favorite things.

Comment

When I left my country for a year I packed the day before I left... haha But I was working out of state that summer and didn't get back home until two days before I left. Anyways...

I think I'm a pretty good packer. My general rule for clothes is to pack ONLY what you ABSOLUTELY need. Then once you're sure you ONLY have necessities, go back through and take out 1/2.

Comment

It depends. If he's coming down to visit me, I usually wait until the day before or even the morning of his visit to pack. If I'm going up to see him, then I usually pack at least 24 hours in advance. Two years is a long time though! I don't know how I'd go about choose what to bring and what not to bring, lol. Eventually I'll have to though since I'll be moving up there with him and I'm definitely not taking all of my stuff.

Comment

I'm leaving in 32 days (closing the distance) and haven't started yet.
              My mister is going to be out of town for 4/5 days next week so I'm planning on getting very busy then. I need to pull out all the stuff I want to sell before I go and take pictures of them and put them up on ebay. Then I'll take my consoles and games into town and trade them in for money and do some bank account things. Then I'll be making a start on the most important thing, my clothes!

Comment

Working...
              X