No announcement yet.

Post Visit Depression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going through PVD right now. Yesterday,We said goodbye after 13 incredible days together in Berlin and Hamburg.
    I'm living by myself here in Barcelona (well I live with flatmates but we hardly see each other) and my heart was aching so so so much (still is) when I got home and felt that silence, the loneliness.. was very sad! I've gone through PVD depression before and it normally takes me 3-4 days to be ok again... Today I'm feeling very down now that I am back home from Uni.
    Btw, I would like get to know more people here in LFD and perhaps become friends. I want to become more active in this community and be able to talk with people who are in the same situation I am (It helps a lot). So please feel free to send a message or drop a line and start from there.. I would be very happy to hear from you!
    Greetings from sunny Barcelona and thank you for reading!!

Comment

Normally when I have to go back to school from visiting (I went away to college, he stayed home, so when I go home I get to see him ) I just throw myself into unpacking and trying not to think about how long it will be. BUT, last time when I was coming back, my ride to campus from the train station was an hour late.... I ended up sitting in the dark and cold sobbing for at least 45 of those minutes.

Getting back into my routine helps. Being forced to really see I'm alone doesn't.

Comment

oh, and CHOCOLATE!!!!! chocolate helps too.

Comment

My man just left me a few days ago...I have had a harder time sleeping and I cuddle with all my pillows. I am busy during the day so its not as bad but still I go to the gym even more than usual after he leaves :P. I just know he is just as sad as I am and we leave one another and I get phone calls and texts reminding me of how much he misses and loves me and that makes it a lil more bearable that Im def not the only one
          " Love don't run....Love don't hide...Love don't turn away or back down from a fight.
          Baby I'm right here..and I and going anywhere"

Mitch and Stephanie July 14, 2011

Comment

My boy left 10 minutes ago. The moment he left my driveway, I burst into tears. I do this every single time we visit. It never gets easier
            "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love " ~ Theodore Seuss Geisel.

Comment

I've been through it and still going through it. All I need is a good cry or do some activities to get my mind off of it. I try to keep myself busy. Whenever I talk to him, it changes my whole day from crappy to wonderful. I know we lose sleep over each other and stuff, but we try to have fun with the time we have together online or whatever.

I actually keep a journal where I write to him whenever I get the chance where it always begins with "Dear Trevor," and you get the idea. I'm going to design it with pictures of us, things we like, and stuff like that. That way, when he goes to bootcamp and stuff (we're both in the military), he'll have something to cheer him up when he's down or lonely. If they won't allow me to do that, I want to give it to him in person when he graduates from boot camp. He's a reader and I'm a writer so it works! LOL

Everyday, I look forward to seeing his face again. It's unbearable, but I try to replace those sad thoughts with happy thoughts. Like the first time we kissed, the first date we had and stuff like that.

I hope this helps!

Comment

I agree, post-visit depression sucks. For me the first week is really hard and I get really upset, crying a lot... but talking to my SO helps a tonnn and watching movies, playing online games, keeping busy, just doing whatever it takes to cheer myself up

sigpic

Comment

I've been with my partner for 3 years. The distance is not so far but I do all the travelling. The first day back I always drive straight to work, I can't concentrate, I spend that night in tears. A couple times I've written him these long texts trying to explain my sadness, and the next day I just feel like a fool for exposing that much of my pain. I wish I didn't feel this way every time I leave, especially when I know I'm coming back.

Comment

Working...
                  X