Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Majorly stressed about things left behind when I move!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Majorly stressed about things left behind when I move!

I'll start from the beginning...

I have my visa to go over to the UK for 2 yrs to be with my SO. I applied for it a few months beforehand because I wanted to be certain I got it in time for when he gets here to meet my family etc and the plan is we're leaving together to go back to the UK. So then a month or 2 goes by and my Dad hasn't really spoken to me about serious issues like, health insurance, banking..etc. He would tell me he's proud of me and so happy I'm making this move (I'm nearly 23 just thought I'd add this) and that I'm finally getting my own life. So all well and dandy, boyfriend is happy and so all seems well.

My Dad makes me stress out, I don't have a lot in my bank account after paying for my one way ticket to the UK and visa etc- still having to buy travel insurance and save up for when my SO arrives in 4 weeks (for entertaining purposes). My work doesn't give me many shifts a week- usually 10 hours So it's a slow climb to build the bank account up. Then during our not so hot summer here in Australia, we had a hail storm, damaged my car a fair bit and now I have excess to pay. So stressing about that too and how bloody ridiculous everything seems to cost these days. I want to show my SO a good time whilst he's over so I want to have him do heaps of Aussie things, like a huge thing I'd love him to get is a photo with a koala- seems simple and stuff..$80 thank you very much! O.O Bloody hell! I'd rather pick a damn Koala from a bloody tree and snap it with my own camera if I could! Australia Zoo is a rip-off! Bloody $500 to just sit near a laying down tiger for a photo too! for $500 I'd expect it to bloody well cook for me! So things, are tough. So anyways, my Dad just half an hour ago asks me,"So what are you going to do about your car?" I was under the impression after he told me a week or so ago that when he said,"I'll fix your hail damage when you've left for England," as a sign he'd take care of my car. Well...it feels now like I've given him a burden. So I said,"I can't sell it, it's got hail damage," and he agree's as I'd not get enough for it. Then he asked me about my wide screen TV etc. I just thought he'd take care of it for me until I returned O.o So now, everything I'm leaving behind feels like a huge burden I've just placed onto his shoulders- he tells me all this now!? I'm WEEKS away from having Doug over and now it seems like, i need to sell everything! He then makes me feel bad by saying,"Well you should have thought about all this before making such a life changing decision" But then he said,"Well you might be back within 2 months time,"...thanks Dad no wonder your past relationships failed. So, he gave me no advice and I'm stuck feeling like I'll have to pay major amounts for my car insurance, rego and excess. Also if I sold my things, I'll have nothing to return to- also, entertain with when my SO is over :/

OMFG I HATE THE STRESS!!

I would try to sell your car, Even if you can only a fraction of what you wanted for it, its more then you would have had in your pocket by letting it sit on the street. Find out what the make and year of your car is worth and then post it saying I will sell it for say $500 less due to the fact it needs some work. I am selling my car, Yea there is a possibility things might not work out and I'd have to come back and I'd be without a car, but that little extra money will be nice to have once i get over there.
    Instead of paying $80 for a picture with a koala (although would be coo) try doing things that don't cost. I know when I saw my first koala this summer just seeing it was exciting enough!
    Do you have a room at your Dads house? Can you just put everything in there until you return? If he expects you to be back in a couple months anyway then why would you get rid of your TV?

He could just be acting this way too because he is going to miss you a lot and doesn't know how to deal with it.

Comment

good luck with your move. my SO is in england too. i haven't been since january but i'm dying to go back this summer, i'm hoping to find a cheap plane ticket though its not looking well :/

Comment

Working...
      X