Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smell him from hundreds of miles away?

Hey Everyone!
    So, this may sound really weird, but Im just wondering if anyone else experiences this... Ever since he left in November, I remember his scent perfectly, the smell of his cologne is amazing. But you know, sometimes, I swear I can smell him when he isn't even here. The scent comes out of nowhere and lingers for a few seconds, just long enough for me to remember what it was like with him here and to excite me. I think my mind just likes to play games with me because I've checked everything of his in my room and none of it still smells like him. I enjoy smelling his cologne every so often but where is it coming from?? lol I just found this strange

I had a moment like that last night. I was in the middle of reading something and I got sort of like a drive-by scent up my nose that threw me off since I didn't have anything in the room that would make me smell it since it was a masculine scent and the only thing male in this house is a cat. My brain tends to register things as other smells sometimes so I'll say it smells like one thing and someone else thinks I've gone off the deep end because there is clearly no bread in a cemetery for me to be smelling baked goods. Was nice while it lasted though, momentary nostalgia.

Comment

yeah its definitely nice! My SO says the same thing happens to him lol Oh the joys of a long distance relationship Other people looking in would probably say we are all weird

Comment

I do get that sometimes. Oh but you can get this little vial that you suck a little bit of cologne out of a bottle and use it to travel. And Marc fills it so he has some to wear while he's with me, but he let me keep the vial, so I spray it on the stuffed wombat he gave me, and can smell him all the time.
        <3

I love my Brazilian. Do you love yours too?

Comment

When I'm wearing my robe it smells just like him. I think he smells just like fabric softner.

Comment

He smells like waffle cones... Sometimes when I'm outside and I walk past an ice cream place I'll get a whiff of him, hehe.

Comment

interesting scents My SO wears Lucky Cologne, so whenever I go to department stores, I sneak a spray from the sample bottles just so I can smell him the rest of the day

Comment

Yep, I get the same feeling sometimes. It makes me smile.

Comment

My SO wasn't here with me yet but that's in another 3 weeks away but he posted me a shirt he wore for a few days and omg...I love it so much! I find his scent comforting. I can't bring myself to sleep with his shirt as I worry the scent will fade. I take it out and smell it now and again Sometimes the comfort of the smell of the washing powder he used when we'd wash our clothes is a comfort...its a beautiful smell and its nothing like the crap we use here xD

Comment

yeah were both empaths so i can still smell her around alot, she smells sooo good!

Comment

Yeah, I had this happen to me once. I was sitting in my chemistry lecture and I swore I smelled his scent. It made me smile. But, a few months ago, I bought a stick of the same deodorant my SO uses and put it on my pillow every night so I get to smell it each night when I go to sleep.

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

It's really amazing how our senses are so powerful. Like, smell means a lot when you think about it.

Comment

The day I got home from a visit, I was looking at some things in my room and suddenly I could smell him so clearly it was like he was next to me. I then figured out the smell came from my clothes. Not because we had been together when I had that clothes on, but because his mother had washed my clothes - meaning same soap as the one on his clothes and I also had the smell of his home in my clothes. XD

Besides that... I do sometimes experience a short moment where I'm sure it's his smell that passes me by - which of course makes me miss him more. Also kinda annoy me that he has left a lot of clothes behind in our apartment, but everything is clean so it just smells of the ordinary soap - none of his smell is left.

Comment

This happens to me sometimes. It brings back wonderful memories, but at the same time I get sad.

Comment

Yeah, our senses of smell are amazing! I couldn't imagine not being able to smell anything lol Although there are times I wish I couldn't smell.

Comment

Working...
                              X