No announcement yet.

Longest without ANY communication from SO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2-3 days. When I go camping at this lake that has NO service unless I go into town.

First Met Online: May 08
    Became a Couple: 4.11.09
    First Visit: 7.27.11 - 8.11.11
    Second Visit: 9.15.12 - 9.23.12
    Third Visit: 7.6.13 - 7.14.13

Comment

With my ex the longest was 3 weeks and that was always when he'd go home to Chile for Christmas he was always busy.

Treasuretrooper <-- how I helped pay for some of my LDR expenses when I was in one.

Comment

72 horrible hours. The internet went out in his area for literally 10 days and we didn't talk at all for 3 of them, a Friday, Saturday and Sunday. It was before we were talking on the phone.

I've been out of the country and on vacation several times, but we still talk every day.

Comment

The longest with no communication was five days from him. I continued to email him. He was reading the mail but had not sent a reply yet.

Comment

Gosh only hours I think.
            We couldn't cope any other way.

We struggle if we can't skype certain days.
            Next week we wont be able to skype for about 4/5 days and this is the worst we've had it. We're both dreading it but he'll be out of town doing stuff that's REALLY important and has to do with us closing the distance end of May so, we know it has to be done. But we'll still be ping chatting each other like, non stop. He'll probably phone me most days too.

Comment

Before we were LD and both living in Germany, my SO went travelling to Spain and Portugal for 5 days, so during that time he only sent me maybe one or two short e-mails saying 'Love you' or something. I found it really hard but it was so great when I saw him again. The same goes for when I went to a music festival last summer. But actually since we've been long distance probably the longest is one or two days when I go visit my family or something and don't take my laptop.

Comment

Maybe this will help you- my brother works on submarines and sometimes he has to go 3 to 4 months under the water. During this time he can have no communication with the outside world. His wife/close family are allowed to send him 2 telegrams of 40 words per week, but he isn't allowed to send anything back. I don't know how they do it!

Comment

About 5 hours.

"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.”
                  - A. A. Milne

Comment

We went through about a week of steady fighting one time, so I suggested just leaving each other alone for a couple days just to calm down and think for ourselves. It last from Thursday night until Sunday night. Oh jesus christ that was the worst thing ever! (Although it did help us so I guess it was worth it? :P)
                    Also before that, I went to Mexico with my family (where my phone doesn't get signal -.-) right after we spent our first week together. Oh that was bad. I couldn't take it. I ended up buying all kinds of calling cars, and as a last resort, I stole my cousins phone, which gets signal, but international texts cost an arm and a leg. It sucked!

"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd."
                    -Miguel De Cervantes

Read our story HERE
                    \

Comment

I luv you guys!!! This website helps so much! If I didn't have this to read from you all.. I would be totally coo-coo (i am already from the LDR!).

Comment

10 days, very early in our relationship as I was out of the country. Other than that, it has never been longer than that.

Comment

We have gone 5 weeks without any communication..he was in a locked down training. It took about 2 weeks to really get used to not hearing from him, I just tried to keep as busy as possible. Right now our only communication is email and facebook so I haven't heard his voice in about a month. I never know when I will from him, it has generally been once a week during this deployment. I have two jobs so those keep from wanting to just wait at the computer all day. I also just go out and spend time with my friends. The first time I missed him on instant messenger I was a little mad/upset with myself, but I pushed the thought aside and knew I couldn't dwell on it.

Comment

I haven't gone a day without talking to my boyfriend, so it's just been hours really.

Comment

Hm, always less than a month (only this year) because even if we're both really busy with schooling, one of us we'll end up finding 10 seconds to shoot a message of some sort

the most memorable though was around 3 weeks. there was some drama going on in his life, he deleted his facebook; i knew i didn't do anything because we had actually had a great convo going in pms over fb at the time, so when i saw his name missing (which was preeeetty quick haha), i emailed him. Turned out later that he was having even more major issues, namely health ones. Now he has a pacemaker (you have no idea how happy i am that he's still alive!), and since, we've advanced to texting (he has 4g :P i need wifi to do it haha) so this wouldn't really happen unless one of us was in a coma (and we've got people to tell eachother events like that now)

The worst though, was only a week, but we'd been texting for about a month (all hours of the day/night we can manage XD), and one day he just sounded off. he he stopped responding to anything i'd said. by the time it was friday i wanted to cry, especially because i was about to go to my prom and i at least wanted to hold onto some sort of sentiment whilst there so it wasn't so lonely, but no. I had an art show for one of acrylic painting workshop saturday class the next day (so i had to hardcore finish a painting haha), and immediately after the exhibit i would be going out with friends; i didn't have wifi again until near midnight saturday. I was pretty hurt, and a little bit angry that he didn't even bother to say he didn't want to talk to me, buut... after my friends got back from the movie, we were sitting in the one kid's living room, my ipod (which i was keeping on me with the grudging hope he'd come back) picked up the wifi and i got a message he'd sent in the day. :/ He was flat out wasted in the first three, and hungover in the subsequent two, and so sorry. I felt bad for him, but i didn't want to say anything either because i knew i was still angry and didn't want to risk snapping. So i waited till the next night to tell him i missed his texts, and he immediately started apologizing.
                              Sorry for the almost rant like story XD everything's better now! he's promised not to do that anymore, even if kinda running away from people is how he copes with somethings
                              the moral is...relax! its not worth it to freak out, but missing them is fine. it hurts sometimes, yes, but you know you'll talk to him again in the mean time, distraction, distraction, distraction

good luck

Comment

We are blessed enough to live in the same country.. We try to Skype at least twice a week, talk every day, and text every few hours.

We're spoiled.. I know!
                                Live.Laugh.Love.ALWAYS.

Comment

Working...
                                X