Need a get a away?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a get a away?

I just wanted to ask where or what are some of the places or things that you have done to get away with your SO?

Well my SO lives in what most would consider a vacation land, so when we're there we like to go to the beach. Though I prefer the mountains

Manuel Antonio Beach

Monteverde (cloud forest in the mountain)

Comment

We're going to have to find a new getaway now that we're in Wisconsin (Milwaukee was nice, and we have a couple ideas), but when we were living in North Carolina, our most common get away was Topsail Island

And a painting Aaron did for me:

We went to Topsail on several occasions, but most notably on our second visit in December '09, when he proposed in March '10, and when we eloped in August '10 (see my avatar)

Comment

Last summer we met in Los Angeles and went to a few Dodgers games and an Angels game along with the beach, but we really haven't had any getaways since because he has been saving all his money to buy a house for us. Whenever I go and visit him I go from boring cornfields to beautiful mountains, so I consider that a getaway in itself.

Comment

When my SO came to visit me I surprised him with a trip to Chicago (he has only been to NYC and Detroit to visit me before that) and he loved it. I also took him to Canada (right across the river from Detroit) and he was so excited just to say he was there and get a Canada passport stamp
          I have also taken him to his first american sport event, a Red Wings game.

When I went to visit him in the UK we went to Amsterdam for a few days, and when I go back again (hopefully this summer), we might go to Spain or Portugal.

Besides that we don't do much, just spend time together, go out to eat, shop a bit, and visit friends

Comment

My SO lives in Hawaii at the moment so that is definitely a get away for me. However, we did island hop and go to The Big Island and visited the Volcano National Park and went zip lining.

And of course there is Lanikai and all the fun activities on Oahu.

When he was back visiting on the mainland, we went to visit his sister who lives near Niagra Falls.

And in my state, we visited Maker's Mark and dipped our own bottles. Best Kentucky bourbon without a doubt.

I can't wait for so many more adventures!!

Comment

awwww!! well i am really excited about this july because i'm finally going to CO to see him for the first time (he's been here a few times, i havent been there yet). we are going to go camping, rent a cabin in the mountains, and he said he is gonna take me to all the prettiest spots there so i can take pictures!!(:
              next year for my spring break, we are planning on going to san fransisco! that will be sooooooo fun!!

Comment

We had the most romantic holiday in Macao, China last year.. We spent two days in 5 stars hotel which had canals inside the building like in Venice! We also saw Cirque du Soleil which was amazing.. My SO planned it and didn't let me know anything before we were there. We also spent a few days in Finnish archipelago last autumn. We stayed in an old farmhouse which had been changed into a hotel on a quiet island, cycled around for 25 kilometers, went to a wooden Sauna and watched the stars in an outside hot tub at night.. This year I planned us a surprise trip to Stockholm, Sweden on cruise.

We are going to Malaysia on my 20th birthday in May to spend some days on the beach and in rain forests..
                Oh my God.. Does he spoil me too much?!
                Last edited by roosie; May 1, 2011, 01:58 PM.

Comment

The last time I flew out there he took me skating on the Rideau Canal, which is one of my lifelong dreams. And while this next trip we'll probably just be hanging out at his place, the one after that we're going to Cancun! Hang out at the beach, go see the Chichen Itza ruins, all kinds of good stuff.

"You know it's love when you want to keep holding hands even after you're sweaty."
                  -- Anonymous

Comment

we went to Mystic for a few days when she was here, was amazing and i loved every minute of it

Comment

Some of the highlights of the trip was going horseback riding, roller skating and cutting down our very own christmas tree! (:

Comment

When he came to visit me, to get away from the parents for a while, we stayed in a castle in Dublin, Ireland for 2 nights. It was really romantic and such a great idea- my SO loved it especially, which makes me happy I picked to go

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
                        <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
                        The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
                        <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
                        <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
                        Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
                        Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X