Its on the verge of ending

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its on the verge of ending

So my girlfriend and I are on the verge of ending it because the distance is getting too much for her and us being 16 and all its hard to visit each other a lot especially when I live in New Zealand and her in Canada. I do not want this to end as we both love each other but I can't make the move to Canada for at least 4 years as I have to finish my last year of high school then some Unitec work of which after I will be moving straight to Canada, but the distance right now is proving to much for her and I'm scared that we will grow too distant...
    Please I need help, I really love her and I'm bawling my eyes out
    -Marcel

I can understand the distance being harder when you're that young and unable to afford to visit or do much other than get on webcam and send letters/packages here and there. Age aside a lot of people require the physical comforts of a relationship and find long distance to be much harder because they cannot touch that person. Have you tried asking her what specifically about the distance is bothering her? Because really anyone can say the distance is a problem but there's so many things that fall under that excuse and having a better idea of what she needs to be happy and figuring out how to work on that will help.

If she honestly cannot deal with being in a relationship that has that many miles between you two, then you have to respect that. You certainly would not want to keep her in a relationship where she is unhappy and you are, by proxy, unhappy. But unless she says plainly she no longer wants the relationship then you two need to work hard to find ways around your predicament and see if it will sustain you both for now.

Comment

The distance can be too much sometimes. Love CANNOT always win. Think of it as you are staying just friends, and if you are both single and still keen once you can visit, see where things lead? It's not the end of the world - might be the start of a lifelong friendship instead.

Comment

Working...
      X