No announcement yet.

Facebook and your SO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We both have facebook accounts, he posts a lot more than I do but I spend as much time as he does on the site. Come to think of it...I have no idea what I do on there. Click on the stuff on the news feed I guess. He 'like's every picture I put up, every status I write, every comment I make, so my friends notice that activity on my page.

We sometimes send each other links, but hardly write on each other's walls. When we first became facebook friends, I was in a relationship with a girl (as a joke a few years ago) and he was married to a german girl (also a joke). The girl later replaced that relationship status with in a relationship with her real boyfriend. I'm glad I didn't have facebook when I was with my previous boyfriend, I would not want the old posts/pictures there as reminders...

Comment

My boyfriend and I are both on facebook and are listed to be in a relationship to each other. We do keep the nature of our relationship a bit of a secret though. Neither of us are out of the closet and him listed as having a boyfriend might cause problems with his extended and immediate family. I have my gender hidden, but facebook gives your gender away anyway @_@! So I have to be listed as female until at least he comes out. After that, I don't give a shit and I'll change everything to male.

We don't really take anything on there seriously, and we never really communicate on there. Last time I contacted him on there, I commented on one of his statuses with "Don't cheat on me with women! Men don't get pregnant! D:<" or something of the sort. Anyway, I did that for the lulz. If we post on each other's walls, it's basically to see who can embarrass the other to most :P. I'll stalk him sometimes, but it's mostly to see if he liked anything new that I might wanna check out or to see if there's any status I need to turn into sexual innuendo knowing his family will see >.>...<.<...>.>...

Comment

My SO and I are friends on Facebook. There has never been any kind of drama. We just look at our pages and at the newly uploaded photos. We also leave the occasional wall message. There was this one girl though. She was friends with my SO (online - they didn't know it each other in person) and she developed this crush on her. She drove me nuts with her messages. They are no longer friends, thankfully.

Comment

My SO and i both have facebook's but that's where we met and we're listed as in a relationship too.
          We're both on there alot (damn farmville lol) we have had a few issues regarding some friends we had on there but nothing major (i had some guys i knew flirting with me and my SO hated it and he had some chick flirt with him and i hated it) but we trust each other and removed the offending parties (they were annoying us both)
          We use it as an extra way to communicate and to play games together.
          As long as there is air in my lungs... there is a chance

Comment

My SO and I are FB friends and linked through "in a relationship". We only sorta had drama at the start of our relationship when his ex would post snide comments about me on his status- they there obviously meant to get at me but I didn't take the bait. Like on our first Valentine's, we didn't even mention each other on our walls, I pmd him a "Happy Valentine's and thanks for the flowers etc", and I had made him a USB mix tape. He put as his status "The art of mix taping isn't dead =)", not mentioning me at all and she wrote "F***ing GAY!" underneath. There were others, like commenting on nasty stereotypes about English people on things that had nothing to do with me *sigh*

But in a way FB actually stopped the drama and her contacting him at all, because when I changed my status to "in a relationship", he saw and linked his to mine- she deleted him, blocked him and never contacted him again. So I win! haha

Otherwise, we do post on each other's walls a lot, mostly youtube videos and funny stuff... but yeah the odd mushy comment pops up. We usually leave the gushy stuff to pm's though.

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
            <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
            The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
            <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
            <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
            Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
            Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

I use Facebook more often than my SO. So far, we haven't had any problems with it because he allows me to log on his account and since he uses FB once or twice a week, he permits me to check on his games, friend requests and even messages. It's like saying there's nothing no hide. He informs me who he had added and I have a say whose requests he shouldn't approve. xD
              Most of his friend requests come from my friends in school and honestly I don't think it's a good idea to add them up. Aside from our immediate family and close friends, he's not fond of adding too many FB friends. Also, it's really nice to read cheesy wall posts from him on unexpected occasions.

Comment

Originally posted by we'reunderthesamesky View Post
                I use Facebook more often than my SO. So far, we haven't had any problems with it because he allows me to log on his account and since he uses FB once or twice a week, he permits me to check on his games, friend requests and even messages. It's like saying there's nothing no hide. He informs me who he had added and I have a say whose requests he shouldn't approve. xD
                My SO has my password, but she never checks on my stuff. I would find it weird actually. Her sneaking through my messages and telling me which people to add or not.

Comment

Originally posted by NaNi View Post
                  My SO has my password, but she never checks on my stuff. I would find it weird actually. Her sneaking through my messages and telling me which people to add or not.
                  Guess he's not taking Facebook seriously that's why he wants me to be in-charge of his account. My SO even asks me to update him on whatever things he misses on FB or his pending messages. But being a goody gf, I try as much as possible to check on his account for game requests/gifts only. hihi

Comment

It was cute how he put he was in a relationship with me on FB, and put lots of pictures up on there of us. He was getting all kinds of messages from old friends of his asking out his new relationship and everyone was happy for him and us, that was nice.

Then crazy ex-wife was trying to add him all the time and getting her friends to watch what was going on on his FB page. In the end he deleted his account because he ended up using mine more than his and was sick of the hassle from her! He thinks mine is way more interesting as I've got so many more people on there. I find it cute and funny that he enjoys reading all my friends posts. I get the occasional frape from him as well.

He might start a new account one day he reckons but until then I'm happy for him to continue to using mine =)

Comment

My SO has facebook, but he very rarely uses it. I sometimes have to remind him to go on because I'll post something about him. I have his password too, but I don't ever use it. He gave it to me because there are some games I liked playing at the beginning better than later in the game so I wanted to start over. Plus, he has a lot of requests from me that I wanted him to add. Facebook so far hasn't created any drama for us, but I know for a lot of other people, it has. You just have to use your own discretion when it come to facebook.
                      "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
                      Made it official: September 17, 2010
                      Got engaged: January 15, 2012
                      Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
                      Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
                      Got married: November 21, 2012
                      Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
                      Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

I had one but don't anymore. I liked it when I had it but it became too time consuming. My SO doesn't have one either.

Comment

I can't even imagine how facebook could possibly cause problems in our relationship. I mean... I'm not getting mad about him have an e-mail address (or whatever-messenger or even a phone) either. I don't know what other people do on facebook, but for me it's basically a more elaborate e-mail inbox.
                          I've read about all this "facebook destroyed my marriage" stuff before and I just don't get it. Sorry.

Anyway. My boyfriend doesn't have my password and I'd be really uncomfortable if he went through my messages. Not because I have something to hide, but there are things that are between me and another person. If a friend messages me about her private problems (for example with money or her husband/boyfriend) then it's between me&them and most likely they do not want my boyfriend to know. Part of being a good friend (imho) is keeping confident things confident. That includes not telling your partner.

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

My SO and I regularly use facebook. It is the main way we communicate. When we first added each other I looked at who was on this friends list and all that stuff, his pics etc. He's friends with his exs but then again so am I. It has never caused any problems.

Comment

actually now I think about it, my SO gave me his password once so I could look at his little sister's Senior Pictures, because I wasn't friends with her on there at the time. I looked at the pictures and haven't been near his account since. I told him to change his password afterwards but he shrugged it off, saying he trusted me. and if he trusts me not to look, then I won't I wouldn't want to go in there either- his conversations with other people are none of my business.

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
                              <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
                              The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
                              <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
                              <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
                              Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
                              Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

The Boy and I both have Facebook, but rarely use it. But since we haven't really spoken in the last 10 days, I've noticed he's increased his usage, like as a means of communicating with me, without really communicating with me. Whatever. I still barely use it. I go in maybe twice a day to check stuff on my friends, "like" various stuff. The stuff I do post on Facebook, is usually forwarded text messages from various professional outlets or forwarded tweets. So it may look like I am in or on Facebook more than I actually am.

Facebook is not an issue with us. I think Twitter and the other forum he is on play a bigger role.

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

Comment

Working...
                                X