Why do I feel guilty?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do I feel guilty?

Kyle and I have been having alot of lulls in communication lately. And in the mist of our lack of communication suddenly a few guys from my past have popped up. I have told him I am talking to them, and they all are aware that I am in a relationship and engaged. But why do I feel so guilty that I am talking to them? Its not like I am trying to get with any of them... they just happen to be people that I was more than just friends with in the past. I just for some reason feel guilty that I am spending so much time talking and catching up with them... Is there something wrong with me?

I don't think so. I feel a little odd talking to guys from my past some times. Not that I have even the slightest bit of feelings for them or want to in any way or the slightest bit want to be with them, and I'm fairly certain they feel the same way, but I know there is a little something of a past so it's just like ehhhh. I think it's normal. I think it's just have a lot of respect for the SO and our relationship, and I am very committed to "us." So idk, I just don't always feel 100% comfortable talking to guys that I was more than friends with in the past. Just saw a guy the last time I went out, it was actually nice seeing bc I was kind of curious as to whether or not he was still alive, but we didn't really have anything, but it was an almost had something btw us. And I didn't even feel 100% ok with him, just the normal, oh hey good to see how are you? and then I went meet my friends. Not quite sure why, but I don't think it makes us weird.

Comment

It's not weird at all. I have male friends who I see quite frequently and even though it's always in groups of male and female friends I still feel guilty that I'm hanging out with guys when my SO isn't around. I think mostly because I'd rather be with just him than a group of my closest friends.

Comment

I have this feeling right now! I bumped into my ex today and we both had our lunches in our hands so we had lunch together for about 20 min and I was looking over my shoulder and getting anxious that Dave would see us, even though I'm absolutely certain he'd have no problem with it! and now I feel guilty I even spoke to him, even though we talked about uni and motorbikes and nothing "scandalous" at all. Hmmf.

Comment

Thanks guys... I dont think the weird feeling that I have is going to go away. But its nice to know im not all crazy here. Though I am starting to wonder if some higher power is messing with me right now. I got engaged the end of December and now its the end of March and 3 of my most heartbreaking realtionships are suddenly back in my life. Damnit its not funny god, goddess... whoever the heck you are!!

Comment

I'm sorry. I hope it's just a coincidence and they're not trying to get something from you. To add to everyone else's replies, I feel the same way. I pretty much avoid my exes like the plague because of those guilty feelings. I guess it's because if the tables were turned around and he was talking to his exes I'd feel uncomfortable, so I wouldn't want him to feel the same way. Even though he probably wouldn't care. :/

Comment

It's all ok, as long as you're only friends with those guys and nothing more. As long as you know that it won't lead to anything else and you're fully in control of your thoughts, words and actions, no need to feel guilty.
              Also, another thing you could do is limit your communication/interaction with those guys... and maybe opt to interact with other friends rather.

(Yay for my first post on this forum!!!! )

Comment

Lol, I feel the same, is a strange feeling indeed, but as long as you keep it casual I see no problem with it!

Comment

Working...
                X