@.@ Baby Lust!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@.@ Baby Lust!

I like babies and everything but I just turned 22 like a few days ago. He said he's not pressure me or anything but I can tell he's really eager for a baby. So now Im on this medicine and one of the side effects is that it makes you more fertile. My mom told me when when I was getting it filled "good thing you're long distance then" Ha ha. Anyway he wants me to come live with him but if I do I just see myself pregnant in like weeks XD
    But we've been talking a whole lot less than usual but now theres more texting. I know he's dealing with some legal issues about his mom's passinig and everything but the not talking definitely makes me feel worse about babies >.<

If you don't feel ready, don't do it. Your only 22, plenty of time for babies yet.
    As long as there is air in my lungs... there is a chance

Comment

Agreed. Don't let that stuff pressure you, you make your own choices and you'll know when you're ready :P You should probably talk to him about how you feel

Comment

yeah no I agree if your not ready don't do it. I'm sure he will understand if you let him down gently.
        my SO wanted a baby too, he thought it would make my charity let us stay together. but I just told him 'hone we are to young, we are not married, and babies are people....we cant just use them to fix our situation!'

Comment

I get baby fever sometimes. Then I have a day where my two kids are driving me crazy and the baby fever goes away for a while. Having a child is a very big decision. It seems fun, and it is fun most the time. It's also super hard most of the time. Reality is not as fun as imagining and dreaming about it! I'd say you just stick to dreaming about it for now until you are completely sure.

Comment

I don't have a baby (wayyyyy too young) but, my SO and i always talk about how we would want one in the future.

I say if it happens it happens. Babies come into the world in a ton of different ways.
            They can come late, early, never, surprise you (according to the show on TLC 'I didn't Know I Was Pregnant'.)

When it's "baby time" it'll happen.
            Last edited by Hannahbaby16; May 6, 2011, 03:31 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

Don't let him pressure you into doing something you don't want to do. There is plenty of time to have babies when you two close the distance.
              "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love " ~ Theodore Seuss Geisel.

Comment

i have always loved kids and i am a nanny so i definitely have my days where i want one of my own but as much as i want one, i know that i am not in the situation to support a child. my friend got pregnant with her husband at 21 and while they were married, he was serving abroad and she dropped out of school and was struggling to support the kid without having a career. as happy as it is to have a baby, you really have to think and talk about the responsibilities that come with a kid and if you are ready to have to devote a majority of your time and money to a baby or if you want to use that time and money to enjoy each other and your youth. some people are ready at 22 but you really have to remember this is a life long commitment and a human being that you are bringing into the world so please seriously discuss if it is logically feasible to do it now. he may even realize that now is not the best time and you can plan a baby for a couple years and start a box for then. i've nannied for families where both parents have careers but choose not to spend any time with their kids since they are spending the majority of their time at work or out on the town without the kids and it is truly the kids that suffer. before me and the boy added a title to our relationship, we had a baby talk and while i worried what his answers were going to be, it's really the start of your negotiations since raising kids will be a tug of war with rules and who does the late night feedings and disciplining and driving around town (lucky for me, we were both on the same page that we are not in the situation to financially support a kid and we wanted to wait until one or both of us are out of medical school).

Comment

Not sure I understand what the question is. But anywho, as everyone says, don't let the "lust" convince you to do something you're not 100% ready for. Yeah, babies are adorable and cute and fun for an hour or two, but I'm sure you realize there's a lot more than just that. Babies don't stay happy, little babies forever after all. And they're not all happy, healthy little things either unfortunately. It's a lot to consider.
                  Last edited by Rosebud; May 6, 2011, 07:41 PM.

Comment

I personally believe that this is our good friend "million years of evolution" kicking in. His body is screaming "PROCREATE!" You're both at peak fertility right now and your body is sending out hormones saying to have children. When in today's reality, it's more common to wait until you can support a family financially. As much as I don't need a kid in my life right now, I sure as hell still think about being a mother. It's nature.

Comment

I adore children and I'm a preschool teacher, so I'm around kids every day. I enjoy working with them, but I don't think I want one of my own and neither does my boyfriend. I've learned that the finding a balance between loving and spoiling, discipline and abuse is very tough, and just the emotional toll it takes on you is not something I would like at all. I'll stick to getting my hugs from tiny humans through work, spending 10 hours a day with them makes one feel very close to the kids. (:

He's not keen on children, but mentioned (before we started dating) that he would have kids if his wife wanted them, but doesn't know how he's going to handle the stress of being a parent, especially to teenagers.

Don't feel like you have to have babies with him right now. He'll understand that you're not ready and when the time comes where both of you are ready and committed to bringing a child into this world, the wanting and preparedness for a baby will make things go much smoother than if you were unsure.

Comment

You should try living with eachother before trying to have a baby. What if you guys drive eachother crazy? You may get along great now, but little things do tend to make a difference.

PLUS, why not enjoy your time as a couple without that responsibility yet? Stay up late, sleep in, do whatever you want on weekends, spend extra money on you guys for now. You know?
                        Why try the second you move in together, then you never really got "couple" time before you made it family time.

You have a lifetime to have babies

Comment

I'm with you! I adore children - and who doesn't love a baby!?

And when the time is right, it will happen.. BUT for now, just enjoy life. That's what being 22 is all about.
                          Live.Laugh.Love.ALWAYS.

Comment

I'm not the one that wants the baby now XD He does. Im trying to understand his baby lust. When I tell him I think we should wait and have time for us too. He gets that little quiver in his voice that he gets when he gets disappointed when I tell him. He'll accept it but then he'll bring it up again like I'll change my mind in the next 72 hours. I get over my baby lust quick, the minute the weekend comes and I dont wanna get up for anybody. He has like 5 brothers and sisters and he said he wants a big family but I dunno why he wants to start this early @.@

Comment

Originally posted by Sano View Post
                              I like babies and everything but I just turned 22 like a few days ago. He said he's not pressure me or anything but I can tell he's really eager for a baby. So now Im on this medicine and one of the side effects is that it makes you more fertile. My mom told me when when I was getting it filled "good thing you're long distance then" Ha ha. Anyway he wants me to come live with him but if I do I just see myself pregnant in like weeks XD
                              But we've been talking a whole lot less than usual but now theres more texting. I know he's dealing with some legal issues about his mom's passinig and everything but the not talking definitely makes me feel worse about babies >.<

what is the name of the medication? so i can avoid it for now and take it in a couple of years! lol
                              our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

Working...
                              X