Tell me about your LDR'S!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tell me about your LDR'S!

Since I'm new to the site and LDR's in general, I'd like to hear all of your guys stories if you don't mind telling me! Just simple things like how you met, how you got to see each other, stuff like that! I'm really hoping to learn how to keep my LDR going from your guy's experience! Idk if that's weird to say, I just really wanna keep my LDR going and I'd like to see how you've all done it.

Anyway!

I'll start off with my story, its short, but I'm still new. :P

I met my SO on January 18, 2011, I was 16 (now 17) and he's 17. I met him on Playstation Network and oddly enough, we hit it off very well. He gave me his facebook and we messaged these long extensive conversations back and forth. And we found out we had so much in common, especially with family. We were really drawn to that conversation. We look at almost everything the same way and immediately I thought, "This guy is just too good to be true" I also thought that he was way out of my league. :P But after about a month of talking he really started getting flirty, which was odd for me considering I don't get attention like that. xD Anyway, eventually, I just started...flirting back, cautiously because most of my friends were worried he might be some weird creeper I met online. lol. You can never be to sure on the "internet" :/ Anyway, in the past months, our being together was unofficial. Like, we never said "Lets be BF/GF" it just formed into that as days went by and we learned more about each other, it was like we were already together without really announcing we were. Then he told me he would make it "official" with me on April 1st. (lol everyone thought it was an April fools joke when i told them about us. ;P) So here we are now! I suppose we did start off pretty fast, but I feel like that doesnt matter because this guy is just so in sync with me on everything, it takes the term "soulmate" to a whole new level if that makes sense. ^^; And I understand if I sound like another highschool girl just saying she's "in love" with a guy, but I'm actually very mature for my age, I take relationships and affairs of the heart seriously. Even more so, I take an LDR VERY seriously and understand it takes, time, patience, dedication, and most importantly trust. I never had interest in a relationship of any kind (I actually promised myself I would wait till college to get involved in one) until now simply because...I can honestly see myself being with this one guy I've found, only downside is the distance. With this one boy, I think to the future, I don't focus on just wanting physcial attention from him (which i couldn't get anyway because he's not here) and I don't just want him for an "experience", with him, I think about marriage, children, having a home together, everything, and I think me thinking all of that with him sounds as if he's the one for me.
    So I haven't met him yet, but I really hope we can soon, maybe even over summer! It really depends on him since my parents wont let me go to him, he has to get here. :/

That's it for my story, how about all yours? I'd love to know about other LDR's!

We first met at community college in 2006. I was in the college's theatrical group, rehearsing for a play that, we learned later, would never make the stage. She had come in, along with the rest of her photography class. We talked for a while and became fast friends. As it is with some friends, however, we slowly drifted apart.

After we had graduated and transferred to other colleges, we had a reconnection a few days after we started at our new schools. Unfortunately, she was having problems with her boyfriend, and I helped her out through the whole thing. He had basically given her an ultimatum, mainly because he couldn't handle the distance: either transfer to his college or leave. She close the second option, and IM'ed me about the whole thing. I kind of helped her through it for a little while, and the rest, as they say, is history. On October 4, 2007, we became official, and have been together ever since.

I don't think I would want it any other way. :-)
    National Novel Writing Month Participant- 2010, 2011, 2012
    National Novel Writing Month Winner- 2010, 2011, 2012

Current Writing Project: Wait Until Next Year

Comment

https://members.lovingfromadistance....32-LDR-Stories

Lots of other LDR stories all ready to read.

Comment

Working...
      X