Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thinking About Planning a "Surprise" Trip For Us?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking About Planning a "Surprise" Trip For Us?

I'm trying to convince my boyfriend to come see me during a certain weekend this summer because it's the Perseid meteor shower and it's my favorite time of the entire year. I was thinking about maybe surprising him with us taking a short road trip (about two hours) the day after he gets here, us staying in a hotel, and me showing him where I first saw the meteor shower (with NO light disruption).

This would be a dream come true for me. He knows I want him to come out for the meteor shower so we can see it together, but all the rest of it would be a surprise to him. What do you guys think?

I think it sounds like fun. I hope he is able to make it.

Comment

I do too, it wouldn't cut into his work schedule at all, so hopefully we can make it work.
      It would be nice to take a break from here even if it is for a day and I would love to share it with him.

Comment

That sounds like a great idea! I hope it works out!

Comment

I usually think surprise trips are bad ideas, but yours sounds really good! You'll be together anyway, its short ans sweet, so why not? Go for it and have a fabulous time.
          Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

I think that is exactly the right kind of surprise trip . Go for it and I hope he can make it!

"You know it's love when you want to keep holding hands even after you're sweaty."
            -- Anonymous

Comment

I hope he can make it! It sounds really romantic ! :3

Comment

I think it sounds absolutely wonderful! You should definitely do it. When exactly is the meteor shower?
                "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
                Made it official: September 17, 2010
                Got engaged: January 15, 2012
                Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
                Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
                Got married: November 21, 2012
                Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
                Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Moon View Post
                  I usually think surprise trips are bad ideas, but yours sounds really good! You'll be together anyway, its short ans sweet, so why not? Go for it and have a fabulous time.
                  I agree that surprise are typically bad ideas, but this wouldn't really be that. He'd be here, the surprise would be that we're just going somewhere else! I think it would be romantic and I have to say, him coming out here is always a get away for him, so it'd be nice to have a get away together. Even if just for a day.

Originally posted by princessmeg1328 View Post
                  I think it sounds absolutely wonderful! You should definitely do it. When exactly is the meteor shower?
                  August 12, 13, 14 if the interweb isn't lying.

Comment

Gosh I really wanna do this too right now, I just got some extra money and I just want to go out on a whim and fly there, surprise him, even if I'd only get to stay maybe a week, In my opinion it'd be totally worth it

Comment

Originally posted by Anolinde View Post
                      Gosh I really wanna do this too right now, I just got some extra money and I just want to go out on a whim and fly there, surprise him, even if I'd only get to stay maybe a week, In my opinion it'd be totally worth it
                      I really don't recommend a totally surprise trip. He'd be planning on coming out here, I'd just take us somewhere else.
                      Our time together is usually just a weekend. We both work.

Comment

This sounds like a really good, really romantic idea! I hope it all works out for you guys and you get to spend a romantic night just watching the meteor shower!
                        National Novel Writing Month Participant- 2010, 2011, 2012
                        National Novel Writing Month Winner- 2010, 2011, 2012

Current Writing Project: Wait Until Next Year

Comment

Working...
                        X