Rules for A Happy Marriage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rules for A Happy Marriage

So yesterday, my husband and I officially married. After all the long waits, wonders, hard times, and everything.... We are now a Husband and Wife..:-D So after we get our marriage certificate, the court give us a small gift which contains the "Rules for a Happy Marriage"..and i want to share with all of you..

1) Never both be angry at the same time
    2) Never yell at each other unless the house is on fire
    3) If one of you has to win an argument, let it be your mate
    4) If you have to criticize, do it lovingly
    5) Never bring up mistakes of the past
    6) Neglect the whole world rather than each other
    7) Never go to sleep with an argument unsettled
    8) At lease once every day try to say one kind or complimentary thing to your life partner
    9) When you have done something wrong, be ready to admit it and ask for forgiveness
    10) It takes two to make a quarrel and the one in the wrong is the one who does the most talking

I wish all of you best of luck in your LDR.. LDR can really work!:-)

Congratulations on your marriage! That's so exciting! And it's always inspiring to see LDRs have such happy and successful endings. :3

The rules are cute. Too funny that the court gave you two a gift like that. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Congratulations! Best wishes to you and your husband. =] Those rules were cute!

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

Congratulations on your marriage! *raises glass* Here's to many, many years of lovig happiness!

I enjoyed the rules for a happy marriage. I would add one more that my father taught me...two words: "Yes dear." :-p
        National Novel Writing Month Participant- 2010, 2011, 2012
        National Novel Writing Month Winner- 2010, 2011, 2012

Current Writing Project: Wait Until Next Year

Comment

Thank you All! Haha yeah, i feel funny too.. But i like those rules..:-D
          Josh, thats sweet too!:-D

Comment

Congratulations on your wedding! Those rules are great rules to go by.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Congrats!!

Comment

Congratulations! I wish you and your husband many years of love and happiness.

Those rules are really cute! I think they're ones that definitely need to be followed in any relationship.
                "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
                Made it official: September 17, 2010
                Got engaged: January 15, 2012
                Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
                Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
                Got married: November 21, 2012
                Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
                Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

Congratulations!
                  I wish you and your husband all the happiness in the world. (^_^)
                  Welcome to the married world XD

Thank you for sharing those rules, cute. Maybe I'll need them myself.

Comment

Thats awesome congrats! Glad you guys got it figured out too... Best of luck in you future!
                    " Love don't run....Love don't hide...Love don't turn away or back down from a fight.
                    Baby I'm right here..and I and going anywhere"

Mitch and Stephanie July 14, 2011

Comment

I wish you the best.
                      I will be honest tho. When I read posts like this I always feel like things like that happen to everyone else but me and I just want to cry :'( x100000000000000

Comment

Congratulations on your marriage! I think the rules should include my dad's favourite phrase: "I know I'm wrong, just tell me me what I did." :P

"You know it's love when you want to keep holding hands even after you're sweaty."
                        -- Anonymous

Comment

Thank you all!Best of luck in your relationship too..<3
                          @ Milaya: Yes..:-D Thank you..It feels a little odd being married..But im sure after awhile i will used to it..haha

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS! Another happy ending in the LFAd family
                            It's so nice to read these kind of threads, it gives people hope and trust that their LDR CAN work!

Comment

Originally posted by Miramaid View Post
                              I wish you the best.
                              I will be honest tho. When I read posts like that I always feel like things like that happen to everyone else but me and I just want to cry :'( x100000000000000
                              Aww hugs.. Dont say that...just be positive..We had our hard times too. Have you heard song by Richard Marx-right here waiting?There is one line that always gets me everytime i heard it.."if i see you next to NEVER, HOW can we say forever?"..We dont know when we will meet again..or if the relationship will be able to work..A year ago at this time, i was wondering "will we ever close the distance? Will we ever meet again?". I tried to imagine that we are together...but i cant, coz i keep questioning myself "How it will happen?"..But now we meet again and get married and closed the distance. You just have to believe it..stay positive and be strong...Everybody have their own hard times, but if both really wanna make it works and are committed, it will happen. Like the quote in The Secret, book by Rhonda Byrne -Our job is not to worry about the “How”. The “How” will show up out of the commitment and belief in the “what”-. Wish you best of luck!:-)

Originally posted by LostInLove View Post
                              Congratulations on your marriage! I think the rules should include my dad's favourite phrase: "I know I'm wrong, just tell me me what I did." :P
                              HAHAHAHA..Thats funny!:-D
                              Last edited by bluepotato1236; May 12, 2011, 01:22 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Working...
                              X