All out of love.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All out of love.

Well... We tried. I tried. I've fallen out of love with Matt and told him on Friday night. I hate that I can't change the way my heart is, because I know he's wonderful and the textbook perfect boyfriend, despite the distance. I can look objectively back and think how wonderful is, but that still doesn't change the fact that I do not love him in anything more than a platonic sense.

I am hopefully still travelling over to see him in December. I hope. I still need closure. I've been crying and losing sleep for a few weeks over this, and still am after speaking with him. I don't know if he will ever understand what I am feeling and how sorry I am that this is how I am, but I hope he can eventually.

Thank you all for the support you've given me over the last two years... I hope that none of you lose faith in your hearts.

You can't help who you love and you can't help when your heart no longer holds it. At least you were strong enough to tell him and not try to string him along or force yourself to feel something you don't. I wish you all the best and I hope things do get better for you.

Comment

*hugs* we're always here for you!

Comment

The heart wants what it wants, and that's all there is to it.

I know there isn't much anyone can say to make this any easier, but I am seeding you lots of hugs, hun! Stay strong..
        Live.Laugh.Love.ALWAYS.

Comment

I bet he must be really down about this. All the best to the both of you.

Comment

Awww Sarah

You can't help at how you feel and hopefully sometime in the future he will be able to understand that even though he probably can't right now. I know you're hurt too and I'm sure this is not what you wanted to happen... But life never goes the way we plan it. You did the right thing telling him how you feel.

I hope you'll meet him one more time to get closure for both of you and then you can move on with your lives.
            I'm sending good thoughts to you and strength for Matt to get over this *hugs*

Comment

That must be so tough, but you've done a good thing. If that's where your heart is truly at, then it's worse to continue on with the relationship and lie to yourself and him. I like that you're still going to visit him, I don't think I could get proper closure either without seeing my SO again, and I imagine that he probably feels the same. That he wants you to see him again in hopes that it was just the distance that made you feel that way.

Whatever happens though, good on to you for sticking through the distance all this time, it shows true dedication. Don't beat yourself up over this though, it's just one of those things that unfortunately can't be helped. All the best for you.
              Together since: Feb 23rd 2005.
              First met: June 13th 2006

Comment

I am so sorry to hear this But I think you are doing the best thing by following your heart.
                I hope that seeing him again will be healing for you and him.

Comment

Following your heart NOW and not keeping the relationship going is HUGE. I am proud of you that you truly are being honest with yourself and him. We are all here if you need support....I am so sorry things have turned out this way and that you are feeling pain right now.
                  NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Sorry to hear that this has happened to you guys, but you did a smart thing by listening to your heart now instead of letting it go on. I hope you do get a closure.

Hugs and strength to both of you
                    xx

Comment

I admire your strength in being able to do something that's obviously painful for you. I read a quote somewhere once that said "I'd rather the truth kill me now than have the lies destroy me slowly". There's no sense in prolonging the inevitable.

I wish you both peace, for now, and the days ahead. *hugs*

Comment

Thanks, everyone... It really helps to have support. It's hard to remember that I did the right thing...

Comment

Working...
                        X