Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anybody else do this? lol

This could just be me because I have really dorky moments. XD

For the longest time I couldn't say my bf's name outloud. lol Since we talked on the phone I never really had to. And my friends would ask me about him and I'd just say "the boyfriend" or "that guy Im talking to."
    I think the first time I actually said was when I was telling my mom about him and she told me she would just assume his name was Cody until I told her. lol
    And then a little after that he asked me why I never his name when we talked. He was like "did you forget my name?!"
    I still dont say too often though I dont really know why.

Me! If we're alone, which is most of the time, I call him by pet name. I introduced him to my friends and family by his nickname. It's not that I don't like his name, I just think it sounds weird when I say it. Then again, I think the way I say my own name sounds weird, so.../: I'm not sure if he knows about this, I'll ask him in a bit.

Comment

Hm, it depends. I love saying my SO's name, so I do say it quite often. Not all the time, but often enough. I usually don't say her full name anymore though because she told me that she always thinks that she's in trouble when I do that. So it's either "Becca", "Bexi" or a pet name.

Comment

my SO never says my name, and I'm used to that so it seems weird when he does say it. He normally calls me toggle (hence my screen name) or honey. He also doesn't like me calling him by his first name! I think it's because other terms are more affectionate and personal.

Comment

For while in the beginning of our relationship, I was like the OP. It was weird to hear his name role off of my tongue. Now not so much.
          "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love " ~ Theodore Seuss Geisel.

Comment

lol i was like this at the beginning of our relationship. but it got easier with time. for me i had a hard time calling him my boyfriend, or baby was really weird for me. lol ive never used those before and everytime i did say them i was so self aware of it and i was like umm? haha so yeah this happens
            I love you Nathan <3
            sigpic
            5/25/09 <3

Comment

I usually use nicknames with my SO (especially here) because he doesn't like his real name and goes by another name on paper and I'm not personally comfortable with using fake names, but I respect his decision and with my mother, therapist, and anyone else in person that I discuss him with or knows about him I use that name instead of his real one. I've only called him by his real name once but it was in the middle of a serious discussion and I needed him to know I meant business.

Comment

My boyfriend's real name is way too long so nobody uses it.
                He has a nickname that's a short version of his name and it's what everyone uses.
                I have a 'special' nickname for him that's a mix of two different nicknames. The first time I used it was actually a slip of the tongue because I couldn't decide for one name. He liked it a lot, though so I stuck to it.
                I call him by his name and variations of it all the time.

When I talk about him, I use his normal nickname or "my boyfriend".

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

I don't not say his name per se, but before we were a couple, I could never call him by his first name...I would always call him by his last name, along with all of our friends. Once we became a couple, I started calling him Anthony. He never calls me "Jennifer"...ever. He always calls me "Jen" and most of the time that doesn't bother me, because I don't like being called "Jennifer."

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

Yup! When the guy and I met I called him "master" in Chinese all the time, because he was my teacher and my friend and I would go to his class at the gym all the time. Somehow, "master" stuck around as the nickname. Then I added on "penguin" because I joked once that him running looks like a penguin waddling. So now it's easier to say either of the above. I'll only call him by his first name if it's a very serious discussion.

In opposition to the names I gave him he calls me "disciple", and "dolphin"-because I objected to also being penguin.

Comment

I'm really awkward about pet names, I don't know why. I like when he uses them but I feel weird saying them.

Comment

I don't ever really him hear say my name...I LOVE his name...but I say his real name...Daniel...where everyone else calls him Dan...he calls me his pet names...so when he says my name..it sounds weird..and sexy..haha
                        NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

I have a weird problem of getting embarrased when I call him by his name to his face, I can say it just fine when talking about him with my friends but when I think about calling him by his name I blush so red its kinda funny really, he has the same problem with saying my name but he doesn't blush like I do xD

It goes both ways for us though, we have a hard time saying each others names and hearing them from one another.

Notes:
                          Met: 8.17.09
                          Started Dating: 8.20.09
                          First Met: 10.2.10
                          Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

I was like too when we first got together. I couldn't call him by his name. I don't know why, but I was so embarrassed. xD But I could say his name when I'm talking to other people. It not like that anymore though.
                            "Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue,
                            a wonderful living side by side can grow, if they succeed in loving the distance between them
                            which makes it possible for each to see the other whole against the sky."
                            - Rainer Maria Rilke

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet,
                            regardless of time, place, or circumstance.
                            The thread may stretch or tangle, but it will never break."
                            - an ancient Chinese belief

Comment

I call him by his full name, he calls me by my short name. I'm the only person who uses his full name, and he enjoys it. In fact, we had a laugh the other day when on the wedding invitation he received they used his short name and my full name.

Can't say I ever had a problem saying it to him, but I do have a bit of an issue saying his name when talking to friends or family. Mostly because it's foreign so I feel like it sounds very pretentious of me.

Like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. - Steve Jobs

Comment

Working...
                              X