No announcement yet.

Does anybody else do this? lol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't call my SO by his name much. Sometimes, but not much. I never use his first name, but he goes by his middle name anyway. I have a brother with the same first name, so it's weird. I use it occasionally, but usually it's "sweetie". He NEVER uses my name. Ever. It sounds weird when he does. I don't really like it. Most people close to me have a nickname for me. My mother very rarely uses my name, and my sisters use plays on my name. So it just seems weird that someone as close to me as he is wouldn't. He calls me sweetie, too. I like it.
    Met online: Nov 2010 - Met in person: Nov 20, 2010
    Closed the distance: April 27, 2011
    Accepted to PhD program 200 miles away: March 2012
    LD again: July 24, 2012
    Left School and Closed the Distance for good: March 8, 2013
    Married: November 1, 2014
    Started job 200 miles away: February 23, 2015

Comment

This is actually funny because we noticed that too, that I hardly ever use his name. He uses mine all the time but for the first 18 months or so I only knew hims as "Trepis" so that's how I think of him and I find using his name awkward but I'm sure when we are in person it will get easier

Comment

My missus is on a first name basis with the majority of people that I know.

Comment

I think i knew it was getting serious with us when we started using real names rather than our " in game" names. Pretty early in we started using real names in our private conversations and only our close friends on the game heard and knew those.

I love his name... and Daniel just rolls off the tongue so easily it really blew his mind the first time we were sexy playing in game and i used his name rather than his character name. After that it was just easy.
          Three words. Fill my racing mind. Leave me breathless. Lost in time.
          Three words. Fill my endless dreams. Repair my heart. Mend the seams.
          Three words. Fill your heart too. Three words pronounced. I love you.

~~~~~~

You look in the mirror, you don't like what you see, don't believe it.
          Look in my eyes, I am the only mirror you're ever gonna need.

Met online: 12/24/10 Met In Person: 2/24/11 Distance Closed: 4/24/11
          Not one regret, not one backwards look, only towards the future and beyond!

Comment

This was me Now I say it all the time. I really love his name, and it doesn't feel odd to say it.

Which is weird because I rarely ever use anyone's names.
            Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

What a funny thread. I've noticed I feel weird using people's names in conversation because I have such a fear of gossiping - I'm always saying "My friend said this" instead of using their name.

My boyfriend uses my name all the time, but we usually call each other sweetie. I've tried to get more used to using his name, and I try to use it, but he has a rather hard-to-pronounce Arabic name that especially sound weird to attempt to pronounce correctly when speaking English. But then I feel jealous when I hear his friends talk to him and say his name and it sounds awesome.

I did date a guy once who said my name in bed all the time, and I could NOT bring myself to use his. I think it had something to do with me not being that into him and I broke up with him pretty quickly.

Comment

i call him by his last name 99% of the time

Comment

haha...funny thread indeed

I call my SO by his name all the time... his name is Robert and mostly I call him Rob.... plain and short.
                  when I use the name ROBERTO..... he knows he is in trouble...

and when I call him Bobby.... he knows he is in trouble too..... in a different sense
                  but I call him by many different names too.... like honey, hun, sweetpants, sweetpea, genius,

I have no clue what he calls me... hahaha..... but when he uses my full name Belinda, I know I am in trouble
                  and I like getting into trouble with him....
                  The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed.

Carl Jung (1875 - 1961)

Comment

I can totally relate to this! When talking about him to my friends i always just refer him to "the guy im talking to" or "my boyfriend" but never his name. When talking with him i always call him pet names. So i always find it weird when i hear myself calling his name HAHA and it feels weird when he calls me by my name.. LOL!!

Comment

For about the first 3-4 months of our relationship, I referred to him exclusively as "boyfriend" whenever speaking about him, and sometimes even when speaking to him. I don't know why, because I love his name, but I so loved calling him boyfriend. Idk... Just odd lol

Comment

Hahahaha, in the beginning, I would just refer to him as 'this guy' or 'Steve'/'George', two names I came up with with my friends. xD He has a pretty unique name in the US since he's Russian. There aren't too many Dmitris, Vladimirs or Anatolys in one place :P Now I just say 'my boyfriend' to most people and his name to friends.
                        "If you get hungry enough, they say, you start eating your own heart"

Comment

Working...
                        X