Your Pets and "The Big Move"!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CountryGirl View Post
    I know what you're saying! I've been running around in circles trying to get my dog Pooh over to Scotland. I just had her microchipped this past Friday and I have to get her a ton of shots, take some blood test that cost $200 dollars, pay the plane ticket which is $900 just about. And the only places where you send pet cargo is to London Gatwick, London Heathrow, and Manchester. So I'll have to get a train from Manchester to Glasgow...toooooooo much. But I cant stand the thought of leaving my dog with my dad who doesn't like her. She's too precious to me.

eeek O_o i couldnt do that! reading that just stresses me out lol, but good luck to you she'll love it there Scotland is an amazing beautiful country, moving there with Denise next year

Comment

Hmmm...reading through, maybe I should clarify that I wouldn't have anyone to leave my spotted sweetie with My daughter has a Chihuahua who'll I'd miss horribly, like heartbreaking horribly, but she couldn't take my Dal, too. My daughter is only 22 and it gets very expensive caring for an elderly dog, not too mention most apartments won't accept a "big" dog, just little ones, like chihuahuas. I'm way, way too old to be living with my parents, and they're retired, with no desire for a dog, since they like being on the go. I'm the only mom she's ever had, and would not do well without me, she's extremely attached! So, I'm here, at least as long as she is. She can be a huge pain in the ass, but she's my baby, my responsibility, and I love her to death If I did move though, and anything happened where my daughter could no longer take proper care of her Chi, I'd have him shipped to me immediately.
      Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Im going to have to bite the bullet and get passports for my cat, who turns 9 this year, Ive had him since he was dumped at 2 weeks. he stops eating and goes into separation anxiety when Im gone to long :c Plus hes about the only family I got left <3 Ill also have to bring my dog because hes my baby when I move eventually ^^
        "taim i ngrá leat mo anam chara <3"

Kitten: -laces fingers together- our souls are one <3
        Keith: -blushes and gazes at lovingly- forever and always <3

Comment

Hmm, tough question. With all our plans for the future it's never really been in the cards for me to be the one to move, so it's not something I've thought TOO much about. But considering it over now, hypothetically if I were to be the one leaving, I think that even as much as it would sadden me, I would leave my pooches behind. They're family dogs more than they are MY dogs, and so I know my older sister especially would not only be crushed but probably flat out not allow it even if I tried! Besides, one of my dogs is super old and I wouldn't want to put her through the stress of making her travel so much anyway.

My boyfriend's dog recently passed away, but I'm sure it'd be the same situation of not wanting to take his family's elderly dog with him when he does come here. However, I'm a complete dog lover and I've never not owned a dog in my life so he already knows when he moves here that we're getting a puppy together. Already have the name picked out and everything.

Comment

I still live with my parents and my brother and the only pet we have is a 12 year old turtle. As much as my boyfriend would love having a turtle, I don't think the species I have is legal in the US, so the turtle will stay here in Singapore with them.

My boyfriend lives with his sister and her husband and they have 2 dogs. I generally don't like dogs, especially little ones, and can get scared if they try to jump at me. /: I got to know and love one of them while I was there, but the other puppy they got very recently and is still not toilet trained (he pooped on my boyfriend's bed!). His mum (who I will be living with while I'm there) also has 2 dogs, one who is older and such a sweetheart and the other can get quite wild and is not very smart. Looks like I will have to do some mindset-changing about doggies when I move there!

Comment

A few months ago I got a puppy. I was deciding whether to foster it until I found a good home or keep her for good. I was looking into shipping her into Costa Rica and what types of vaccinations, etc she would need. Well in the end my SO hated her so we gave her up. But I told him I'm getting one when we get to CR. I LOVE PUPPIES!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lucybelle View Post
                A few months ago I got a puppy. I was deciding whether to foster it until I found a good home or keep her for good. I was looking into shipping her into Costa Rica and what types of vaccinations, etc she would need. Well in the end my SO hated her so we gave her up. But I told him I'm getting one when we get to CR. I LOVE PUPPIES!!!
                Hit your SO on the nose with a rolled up newspaper.

I'm so lucky my SO's a cat person like me. I was always scared I'd date a guy who liked dogs or iguanas and wouldn't want a cat in the house. Now the only problem is he'll have to keep me from bringing in strays.

Comment

My boyfriend and I LOVE animals, we both want dogs in the future, so I know there won't be any problems with pets!

Comment

I think about this all the time. He has a dog, and I have a dog. The problem is, he has a dog I'm allergic too.
                    So no matter what I'll just take allergy medication and hope it's not that big of deal.

My dog lives with my mom (who lives down the street) because she needs a yard, but I go and get her every day and bring her over here to be with me. I will never leave her, so if the distance was closed with me going out there, I'd bring my dog with me. If he moves here (which is what is looking like will happen), he'll bring his dog.

Other than that, I have some fish, I'd break down the fish tanks and sell them, except for my one beta, who would come with me. I'm not super worried about it, we can socialize the dogs and my allergies aren't thattttttttt bad. It's such a small price to pay.

Comment

Working...
                    X