Monthsary's,.anniversary's....forgotten?.... :'(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Micah View Post
    We don't celebrate monthly anniversaries, but we acknowledge them in conversation if we happen to notice the date. I think it's quite normal for people not to put an emphasis on monthly anniversaries, but if it is special to you personally, then you shouldn't feel bad for wanting to send a card or something. You may think that your boyfriend doesn't appreciate it, but who wouldn't appreciate a card? I bet he would notice if you stopped acknowledging those days, so I am sure he pays a bit of attention, even if he doesn't participate in celebrating the monthly anniversaries. Happy 10 months!
    thanks micah....
    dianelovesjeremy

Comment

My SO and I don't even acknowledge "montheversaries". We only celebrate yearly anniversaries. Some people simply aren't into celebrating something once a month to acknowledge that you're still together. If it's not his thing, you're not going to change it. You just have to accept it for what it is.

"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.”
      - A. A. Milne

Comment

Originally posted by Tabitha View Post
        My SO and I don't even acknowledge "montheversaries". We only celebrate yearly anniversaries. Some people simply aren't into celebrating something once a month to acknowledge that you're still together. If it's not his thing, you're not going to change it. You just have to accept it for what it is.
        thanks tabitha...
        dianelovesjeremy

Comment

Well for Ben and I we have been together for 6 months now, and whenever that day is up of an additional month together, we text each other Happy Anniversary!! I like doing that and I think we will until we reach one year, and then once we reach one year, I'm sure we will just pay attention to the main anniversary for the yearly one not really the monthlies anymore. 6 more months until one year <3 can't wait for that! but we haven't like celebrated a montheversary or anything, just a text saying it which is still special to me But I definitely want to go out for dinner and get him something nice for our one year!! That's definitely a special one in my opinion!

Comment

thanks brandie!
            dianelovesjeremy

Comment

We've never done anything special for monthsaries, maybe just the 18 months (year and a half) we hit last month, even then we just said Happy Anniversary. We make an effort on our yearly Anniversaries though (apart from we had a disaster concerning our first date last year, where he made plans with me and then double booked himself). Like everyone else said, he probably just doesn't see the monthsaries as important, though I admit it's nice to even just get a "Hey we've been dating _ months now". Maybe you could ask if you could exchange a letter or something around monthsary date?

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
              <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
              The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
              <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
              <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
              Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
              Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

It depends on the person. I think when we were first together, we sort of said 'yay, a month, happy anniversary' :P But since then, it's just been years. I've never felt any need to celebrate the months. Sure it's nice, but to me the years are the special ones. Personal preference I think. I wouldn't take it to heart.
                Together since: Feb 23rd 2005.
                First met: June 13th 2006

Comment

Working...
                X