When your SO is sick...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When your SO is sick...

What do you do when your SO is sick or having a bad day and you can't be there to help them?

Usually I just call him, check up on him, be a good listener, and let him know that I wish I was there to make him feel better. If he's sick, I will still check up on him, but I also try to leave him alone so that he can rest.

Comment

Send them a nice long message that they can read when they're feeling better.

Find a great recipe for soup or other comfort food and try and find someone to make it for him.

Remind them that when you close the distance you'll be able to look after him
      Tea and hugs make the world go round - don't ever discount the little things in life.

Smiling away to oneself brings an obscene amount of joy when only you know the reason why your smiling. Pick something secret to smile about and let it light up your face all day long!

And remember....Love really IS all around.

Comment

My SO's pretty stubborn. When he's gotten sick he usually stays in bed with his laptop, even if he has a migraine. I've babied him via IM service and just let him talk until he got tired, though one night when he was complaining of a searing migraine I made him shut off the computer and go to bed. He's the opposite with me. If I'm sick, he demands I be in bed propped up by every pillow in the house and that I get as much rest as humanly possible, he doesn't care if the fever is just 99.1 Fahrenheit.

Comment

just listen and try to comfort her as best as i can

Comment

Just try to listen and offer words of encouragement. When my SO is having a bad day, he usually just want to be alone and usually sleeps, so I try to give him his space. But I let him know that I'm always here if he wants to talk to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Micah View Post
              Usually I just call him, check up on him, be a good listener, and let him know that I wish I was there to make him feel better. If he's sick, I will still check up on him, but I also try to leave him alone so that he can rest.
              yah i agree with her....I always told him that "dont worry as soon as were together again,,I will take care of you"..sorry being not around..and I will ask hm if he has meds and if it needs an on time taking,,i make it a point to remind him...so that he will feel my care
              dianelovesjeremy

Comment

i'll listen if he needs to talk, and sometimes i'll do little doodles to cheer him up

Comment

If he's sick, he often gets bad chest infections so he gets out of breath a lot so we don't talk a great deal. I just let him know I'm there for him and then he usually goes and sleeps. If he's having a bad day, he'll often go hang out with his friends to take his mind off stuff, though it depends what the reason is. Sometimes he just likes to shoot things on his computer or he'll go on a long rant to me about it, which is fine, because it means I'm doing something for him by simply listening.
                  Together since: Feb 23rd 2005.
                  First met: June 13th 2006

Comment

I wouldn't know... I'm always the one getting sick and having bad days!! Loic's been sick a total of one time in the year and 5 months that I've known him, and he's the sort of sick person that won't admit he's sick until he's hospitalised. When he had his appendix out a few years ago, the doctor said it was the largest he'd seen one before it ruptured, all because he just figured, "I'm not really sick, it'll go away." Silly boy!!

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
                    Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

For me, this is the worst part of an LDR: when the other person is sick. My fiancé got really horrible food poisoning when I was away. He passed out in the bathroom. Luckily his room mate heard him, got him up and called his cousin to come take care of him. I felt so helpless. He was too sick to even talk to me, so I just had to tell myself that his cousin was doing a great job taking care of him. I wrote him a long email, but that's all I could do.

Comment

Working...
                      X