Your BF/GF online thinks about his/her ex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your BF/GF online thinks about his/her ex

What would you think when all of a sudden your bf/gf tells you that he/she is thinking about his ex? Knowing that his/her ex stops chasing your bf/gf for about a month? And can anyone tell me what "SO" means? i'm new here sorry..

SO stands for significant other. Well, I definitely wouldn't like knowing that. I have a problem with my SO's ex anyway, so that would just break me. If you mean something like "I can't forget about my ex - I might still have feelings for him/her" then I'd be so hurt that I would probably end the relationship.

Comment

I would be hurt, something similar to this happened very early in our relationship and it hurt so much. wasn't a ex but someone he thought about, but we talked and got through it and now its old history. but over all him thinking of any girl involving him being with her would hurt me.
      And like Nani said. S-O= significant other
      I love you Nathan <3
      sigpic
      5/25/09 <3

Comment

I would be hurt if he told me that he still thought about being with an ex. I don't know any of them and he never talks about them, but it would hurt to think about him being with any other girl. To be honest, I would probably become very clingy if I knew he thought about being with any girl who isn't me.
        "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
        Made it official: September 17, 2010
        Got engaged: January 15, 2012
        Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
        Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
        Got married: November 21, 2012
        Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
        Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

Removed for privacy

Comment

I'm not sure what I'd do if he told me he was thinking about her. I still get jealous of her, even though I have no reason to...their relationship was a disaster anyway, and even though the three of us are FB friends, neither of us interact with her. We were out with our friends the other night, and she came up in conversation. My boyfriend called her a whore, to which I laughed because I agreed with him, and it made me feel like he really is over her. (She "went out" with my boyfriend first for a few months (they never even kissed), then went out with my boyfriend's best guy friend who is also a friend of mine, and finally, our other friend.)

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

I would be hurt. Especially since I know my SO's ex cheated on him and they continued to be friends, but once he started dating me it wasn't working and he dropped her as a friend completely. So if he started randomly thinking about her again constantly and bringing it up to me, I would be very sad and confused. An ex is an ex for a reason to me, they become your ex because obviously something didn't work out, so to think back on someone who might have hurt you while you have a new bf/gf who treats you right, that would make me upset for sure.

Comment

I know Corey thinks about his exes sometimes but I personally don't get concerned over it. I know that his exes are in the past and he knows it too. I haven't ever seen anything that would suggest that he misses them or wants to be with them again. If I got any vibes he wanted back with one, though, there would be some issues.

Comment

1 Word.... OUCH!
                  That would upset me quite a bit if I'm honest. Everybody has a past/Ex but there are somethings you don't need to share and fond memories of an Ex in my opinion is one of them.
                  As long as there is air in my lungs... there is a chance

Comment

Sort of a vague question, but I'm assuming you mean they're thinking about them in a way that might threaten your relationship with them. If my guy were all of a sudden thinking about his exes or one particular one I would have to wonder exactly what brought that up. If one of them was chasing him around well that's their problem really because they screwed up somewhere enough to earn the title of "ex".

And I know this has been answered but SO is what we usually use instead of boyfriend/girlfriend as it's gender-neutral and a lot easier to type than the full word "significant other" since there are some people here that are engaged or married as well. Sort of a blanket term.

Comment

When i asked her why is she thinking of her ex, she replied "nothing, i just wondering why he suddenly stopped calling me. Maybe he is ok now." I don't know if this good or bad.. but somethings tells me that she liked being chased by her ex, i'm not sure though or maybe im just jealous about her ex..

Comment

I broke up with my ex about two months before I met my current boyfriend. The relationship was totally defunct for quite some time, and I knew that a breakup was the best thing I could do for both of us. However, we were together for more than 7 years. And that's a very long time to just completely wipe the slate clean in such a short while.

I intended on staying single for a while but I met my current boyfriend after only a few weeks and we just hit it off instantly. I knew right away he was the guy for me, I had feelings for him that I never had for my ex. There was never a doubt in my mind that I wanted to pursue this relationship and make it last.

But I do still grieve after my last relationship. I keep it private. I have absolutely no romantic feelings for my ex whatsoever, and we haven't been in touch since the breakup. But those 7 years were a quarter of my life. We shared a lot - friends, hobbies, memories. And I'm saying goodbye to all that. I guess this is where being in a LDR is good for me, because I can take time to part with all that without cutting my boyfriend short.

My current boyfriend knows I only had a short time between breakup and us getting together. Initially he was unsure about it, thinking he'd be just a rebound guy. But I've never been less than 100% committed to our relationship, and he understands the deal.

Like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. - Steve Jobs

Comment

Originally posted by Kiba View Post
                          When i asked her why is she thinking of her ex, she replied "nothing, i just wondering why he suddenly stopped calling me. Maybe he is ok now." I don't know if this good or bad.. but somethings tells me that she liked being chased by her ex, i'm not sure though or maybe im just jealous about her ex..
                          It's certainly open for interpretation but if he's been constantly calling her or trying to contact her and has seemed a bit crazy and obsessed, I think anyone would wonder why it all suddenly stopped without forewarning. Not for the fact they miss it, but simple curiousity. It's the same thing I wonder about my neighbors down the street, they're always shooting at each other and when it's quiet for a while I wonder what's going on, not because I care but because you sort of get used to hearing "bang bang" and then having to call the cops almost every night.

Comment

I would be hurt- my SO used to tell me stories sometimes- a lot of them would start "I was with this girl I used to date...." and it would be like a dagger to my heart everytime, especially as it always used to happen at night time when we were cuddling in bed; I used to think "Is he imagining he's with her right now?" all the time. One time, I cracked and mentioned he mentioned them alot, he realised how mean it was, and explained he thought of them as detached stories, rather then him thinking of the girl. It hurt even more when 2 if these girls were trying to break us up too. I agree with leansfangirl- just because you know they have a dating past, doesn't mean you want to hear about it all the time.

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
                            <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
                            The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
                            <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
                            <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
                            Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
                            Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyMarchHare View Post
                              It's certainly open for interpretation but if he's been constantly calling her or trying to contact her and has seemed a bit crazy and obsessed, I think anyone would wonder why it all suddenly stopped without forewarning. Not for the fact they miss it, but simple curiousity. It's the same thing I wonder about my neighbors down the street, they're always shooting at each other and when it's quiet for a while I wonder what's going on, not because I care but because you sort of get used to hearing "bang bang" and then having to call the cops almost every night.
                              Yeah. you got a point in there.. maybe i'm just over-thinking things.. thanks for the answer..

Comment

Working...
                              X