now together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

now together

we closed the distance but now all he seems to do is wanna argue and want space we were Long distance for about 4 well closer to 5 years and he love me i see it and so does other people. But i think hes close to wanting to break up I moved 1000 miles away from my family and home to be with him and i would do it all again but only reason im here is because of him and if we break up i dont really have ne one here and i cant move back home because my residency is here for @ least another 4 years. Any advice from someone who has been in this situation or anyone have advice they would like to share
    thanks guys

I think this is fairly common--closing the distance is not easy! What's your schedule there like? Do you both have jobs or classes to get you out of the house separately? Have you made your own friends to spend time with? I'm not sure how long it's been since you closed the distance, but I think making your own life there is key. My SO and I didn't go through this when we closed the distance, but we sure did the first time I visited him! I was home alone all day every day for 3 months in Malaysia, just waiting for him to come home. I was lonely/depressed and he was stressed because I was relying on him for all my happiness in this new place. Once I enrolled in some classes and started making my own friends, things got a lot better.

Comment

Well I don't have experience with this, but I would think that since you have been long distance for so long, it's going to get some getting use to being with you all the time. He's probably not use to always having you by his side, and it's a huge change for him. I would just talk to him about it, and maybe get a hobby at your new place like taking cooking classes, going to the gym, something where you can go by yourself without him, so you guys get some space. Because I'm sure it's hard on anyone with that huge transition, I think it just takes longer for some people to get use to it. Hope this helps you out!

Comment

I agree with Brandie. When you've had your relationship work a certain way for so long it takes time to get used to being around each other not only in person but more often in general. There's a minor loss of freedom, especially when one of you has no one else to be around but the other person, there is such thing as too much time together. If there's stress about work, money, life in general, that's going to affect how you two act around each other too. Nothing's going to change overnight, so don't expect instant results after talking to him or giving him space or when you go out to try and find social hobbies, it takes a lot of work and persistence.

Comment

Working...
        X