If you had to choose...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you had to choose...

My SO will be doing a trip out to where I live for work sometime this summer, and he can pretty much just decide when exactly he wants to come out. Originally he was going to come out at the end of August and then right after we would fly out to go to Mexico and meet some of his friends there. However, tonight I told him I can't really make a visit in July work, and he said he could move his trip to July instead and just meet me in Mexico.

This is an interesting decision for me. On one hand I get to see him twice this summer, but they'll be shorter visits and I'll have to fly all by myself to Mexico while he gets to fly there with friends. On the other hand we get a longer visit together, but it'll have to wait until the end of August.

I'm curious, what would you guys prefer: one longer visit, or two shorter ones? Personally, I'm actually leaning towards one longer visit in August. Short visit are hard for me because often the post-visit depression lasts longer than the trip does. And something about me flying alone but him flying with friends and the lack of time for just the two of us if the trip to Mexico was all we had in August bothers me.

...That's it, I'm just curious.

"You know it's love when you want to keep holding hands even after you're sweaty."
    -- Anonymous

I'd probably opt for the one longer visit because while it's great on paper to say "well there's going to be two visits instead of one", if you add up both times together it may not be greater or equate to the one long visit and of course you do have the problem of the post-visit depression and the fact they're, y'know, short. The only upside to doing the two versus one I can see from what you've said is that it would be a month earlier seeing him once versus waiting a few more weeks. Plus if you're not comfortable flying alone that's a big factor, I would think.

Just my two cents on the subject.

Comment

well, if you read over your post LostInLove, it seems like you yourself are leaning towards the longer visit yourself, and just need some reassurance in that decision. So thats the one I am going to go with! Whichever one you decide to go with, you'll get to see him, and that in itself is awesome.

Comment

I would definitely go with the longer visit. It's great to say you saw you're SO twice this summer, but I would want to spend the most amount of time with my SO at once. Like you said, the post visit depression really sucks. I would only want to go through that once.
        "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
        Made it official: September 17, 2010
        Got engaged: January 15, 2012
        Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
        Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
        Got married: November 21, 2012
        Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
        Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

One longer visit.

Comment

One longer visit for sure

Treasuretrooper <-- how I helped pay for some of my LDR expenses when I was in one.

Comment

I'd take a longer visit over an extra goodbye

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
              Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

Thanks to all of you that have given me advice, I'm more just curious what people would prefer in their own relationships! I thought it was an interesting question.

"You know it's love when you want to keep holding hands even after you're sweaty."
                -- Anonymous

Comment

I'd probably go for the longer one because i always spend the week after he is gone as an emotional wreck XD Plus i dont wanna have to see him off at the airport more times than i need to XD Its the worst thing in the world... seeing your SO walk off to the airport or vice versa... >.<

Comment

Don't travel to Mexico alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Leigh View Post
                      Don't travel to Mexico alone.
                      It's okay, once we're actually IN Mexico we'll be together. It's just the process of getting there and leaving afterwards that's in question.

-- Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by kteire View Post
                        I'd take a longer visit over an extra goodbye
                        ^ this!

Comment

I'd say go for the one long visit...it hurts more to say goodbye more than you have to.

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

Working...
                          X