Well I bit the Bullet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I bit the Bullet.

Hi There everyone. Some of you may remember my post awhile about my love and her Dad who passed away. Well I did it, I left for the UK 4 days later, and have been here ever since. For those of you deciding whether or not to take the next step, just do it. There are many options, right now I am sorting out about staying here and how long etc. I already have my research done and have been in contact with customs/etc.

I am the happiest I have ever been in my entire life.

Clint

Congrats!! I really wish I could do the same... soon though. Once I have the money to get to the UK My boyfriend is also going through a very tough time, and I wish I could be there for him...

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
    Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

That's awesome. I am glad you are happy!

Comment

That's great news! Always great to hear a success story!

Comment

Clint!! So happy for you both!!

Sometimes taking the risk is all there is to do... your story says it all!!!

Blessings to you both and best of luck!!!

Comment

I hope you're able to sort everything out and stay there - good luck!

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Glad to hear an update. I'm happy that you are happy!

Comment

Awesome! Glad its going so well for you

I wish I could simply "just do it" but sadly I cannot.

Active duty military obligations.. I don't have full say until I get out, all I can do is take the steps so that I can do it as soon as I am!

Comment

Aww Im glad you're happy!
                  I wish I had the courage to do that too! I went through the same kind of thing with my bf but Im too afraid to up and leave everything like right not right now. I always have a fear that if I do that and I have to come back for whatever reason it'll be harder for me to find a new job and everything XD

Comment

Thanks to everyone for the words of encouragement. There is always a way. Remember that you only live once and you never know where you will be tomorrow. Life can throw a curve ball, and if something changes etc, you don't want to regret it. Those in the military somewhat of a different situation. I am straight civilian so I figure I can always get a job and make money, but I can't always be with the person I want to be with....

Comment

Working...
                    X