Going back to where it alll began.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going back to where it alll began.

On the 29th of May, I met my SO at a comic book/tv show/ manga/ film convention, which was hella freakin awesome. What ensued was two days of pure happiness, and then he left. Those were the two best days of my life. I remember on the first day when we accidentally went to different identical looking entrances to the convention center, and how I ran the entire length of it, and then turned the corner and there he was X.X
    I have returned to said convention centre, and witnessed the place where we sat and admired each others presence for the first time, and I drove past the hotel we were staying in. But this time, on the 29th of May, exactly a year after I first/last saw him, I will be returning to the convention center and the spot that we met, as i am going to the convention with my friends. Again, its without him. But this time those magical moments are so much further in the past, even commemorated by a sort of 'anniversary' of the bleakest kind. So I genuinely think I will just break down and cry. Any advice?

Your absence has not taught me how to be alone, it merely has shown that when together we cast a single shadow on the wall. ~ Doug Fetherling

Does he not have time to also come to the convention?

Comment

Its not that, he just has no money Not only does he have to save up for college next year, but he was getting jobseekers allowance as this years college course was only one friday a week, then the stupid government decided that actually he wasn't eligible for it and made him pay roughly 3000 euros back, and I offered to give him money to come and see me but he says he would feel terrible and wouldn't accept money from me :'(

Your absence has not taught me how to be alone, it merely has shown that when together we cast a single shadow on the wall. ~ Doug Fetherling

Comment

Firstly, I am such an anime fan and love ALL anime cons! It was so awesome to hear how you both met. I am sorry to hear that he can't make it to this year's con with you. College and just the cost of living really takes a bite out of so much especially funds for visiting our SO's.

How about doing something cute as a way to celebrate your meeting anniversary. Since you are going with friends, how about re-inventing new memories in those spots with your friends? Taking silly photo shots with a friend in a spot like: "the first place we sat and held hands is also the same spot where I pour ice cream on my friend (name)'s head!" Well, nothing as drastic, but a moment that can nicely become another happy moment to make you smile more, but not over shadow the importance of those spots. And sharing those spots via phone pics (if possible) would make your SO smile and maybe not miss being there with you so much. No matter what, you already miss each other terribly and sometimes even good memories make us still sad, but why not turn it around and make the best of it. Go being positive and have a great time, I think your SO would love to hear more about all you did and how much fun it was, than to hear that you were miserable and didn't enjoy a time that even he would have loved to be a part of. I hope this help's and i hope you 'glump' a naruto player for me!!! heehehe

Comment

Originally posted by Alexandria Lora View Post
          Firstly, I am such an anime fan and love ALL anime cons! It was so awesome to hear how you both met. I am sorry to hear that he can't make it to this year's con with you. College and just the cost of living really takes a bite out of so much especially funds for visiting our SO's.

How about doing something cute as a way to celebrate your meeting anniversary. Since you are going with friends, how about re-inventing new memories in those spots with your friends? Taking silly photo shots with a friend in a spot like: "the first place we sat and held hands is also the same spot where I pour ice cream on my friend (name)'s head!" Well, nothing as drastic, but a moment that can nicely become another happy moment to make you smile more, but not over shadow the importance of those spots. And sharing those spots via phone pics (if possible) would make your SO smile and maybe not miss being there with you so much. No matter what, you already miss each other terribly and sometimes even good memories make us still sad, but why not turn it around and make the best of it. Go being positive and have a great time, I think your SO would love to hear more about all you did and how much fun it was, than to hear that you were miserable and didn't enjoy a time that even he would have loved to be a part of. I hope this help's and i hope you 'glump' a naruto player for me!!! heehehe
          Thank you so much! I would give you positive rep but I already gave it to you and it won't let me do it again xD I really like your ideas, and your post really made me smile. And I think one of my guy friends is even GOING as naruto, haha :P

Comment

I agree with Alexandria Lora's idea, I think it'd be great to take pictures of the places that were special to your meeting and creating new memories there as well. Even involve your SO by showing the pics and saying "can you guess what happened here?" and letting him have a go at remembering as well.

Comment

Originally posted by holdinghands View Post
              Thank you so much! I would give you positive rep but I already gave it to you and it won't let me do it again xD I really like your ideas, and your post really made me smile. And I think one of my guy friends is even GOING as naruto, haha :P
              OMgoshh..ty^ and np^^

It feels good to talk to those who know what you are going thru and sometimes it feels right to reply LDR's have such a burden of trying to sustain not only a relationship from a far, but themselves. We all reach out for help and comfort, I am glad to help when I can. I found this awesome saying and I think most of us on the forum do this without a thought: "What do we live for, if it is not to make life less difficult for each other?"~~ George Eliot

Please have fun at the con and best of luck!!!

P.S. Too kewl about your friend!! I send him cyber "glump" hehehe

Comment

reminiscing the memories back would make u lonely at first it comes to your mind,.but the Good thing is you remmeber those moments you had together...me now I'm crying to be honest,,I remember most of our memories together,,happy moments,..coz now Im talking to my SO in skype,,and he said he went to the mall and eat with her sister...It reminds me of our malling moments together,,we love to go to the mall and eat a lot...while were talking now,,I can't help but cry,,.missing him so bad,..
                we'll all I can say is you are not alone,,crying is my thing too...but it is normal to feel....just enjoy the places that you go with,,feel it and think of ur moments together!,,,think of the brighter side...hayyysss..I miss my man too much now,, :'(
                Goodluck,,enjoy...God Bless
                dianelovesjeremy

Comment

Working...
                X