What to do when he's gone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to do when he's gone?

Okay so, I'm honestly probably just being down in the dumps lately because my SO recently went back home from visiting for 3 weeks but he started his job back up when he got back. Since I got so used to coming home from school and seeing him and spending the day with him it's been hard because I haven't been able to see him very often because hes working. We have a 3 hour time difference so I have to wait so long for him to get home after I get home from school and I seriously feel like I have nothing to do. I end up trying to write poetry, play video games or something just to try to get my mind off of him but it's so hard and then I just get upset. All my friends are seriously always busy and I just don't know what to do. Is there anything that you guys used to get your mind off of them when they're busy and you're not? Because I know there's like a million things but is there really anything that really gets your mind out of love land for awhile? Because all I do is wait and wait for him just so I can see him on camera and I need to be more proactive lol.
    "I love the stars and the moon because I know that I'm always sitting under the exact same ones as you"

I go to the gym way more than usual, haha. Like 5/6 days a week, for at least an hour each day when I'm waiting for Loic to come online. Or yoga. I find my mind kind of blanks when I'm exercising, and then you get the great endorphin rush afterwards That's what I recommend anyways!
    It's tough, but you'll get back into your routine and get used to living day to day without coming home to him.

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
    Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

Lately I've been cooking a lot and playing a lot of games online. And I'm always finding new bands to listen to that I like. It's always hard being away from my boyfriend, but I try to just keep busy and try some new hobbies to pass by the time while still entertaining myself!

Comment

World of Warcraft.

Seriously, you lot should try it!

Comment

I've just been studying. Studying..studying..although I'd rather not have so much work, but it really does keep me distracted! Otherwise I watch tv ( a luxury for me now!) or read a book?

I think exercise helps too! I should really do that..

Comment

Thank you for the suggestions (: and @theyellowdart, I was really into WoW for a LONGGG time lol, and then the expansions came out and I got sad faced ): Lol yeah I think for now I'll pick a good book, and start my hot yoga classes lol <3 Thanks though guys
            "I love the stars and the moon because I know that I'm always sitting under the exact same ones as you"

Comment

I started learning the ukulele and practiced all the time when he wasn't around. Things like writing letters or making something for him might help keep you busy while not really taking your mind off him. (:

Comment

Originally posted by 13000km View Post
                I started learning the ukulele and practiced all the time when he wasn't around. Things like writing letters or making something for him might help keep you busy while not really taking your mind off him. (:
                I love this idea!! Lol well maybe not the ukulele but I can practice on my brothers guitar

Comment

I go to the gym a lot. Though not so much temporarily since I have an ankle injury T_T. I'm beginning to learn how to cook-my friend is going to teach me Viet food, and I can learn Chinese from my parents. I'm going to try to read more, find a job, go to prep classes...tons of stuff, really. Anything to make time pass faster.

Comment

Originally posted by FadedSunrise View Post
                    I go to the gym a lot. Though not so much temporarily since I have an ankle injury T_T. I'm beginning to learn how to cook-my friend is going to teach me Viet food, and I can learn Chinese from my parents. I'm going to try to read more, find a job, go to prep classes...tons of stuff, really. Anything to make time pass faster.
                    That sounds like a good idea! I really wanna start my yoga classes

Comment

Originally posted by rawrimolivia View Post
                      Okay so, I'm honestly probably just being down in the dumps lately because my SO recently went back home from visiting for 3 weeks but he started his job back up when he got back. Since I got so used to coming home from school and seeing him and spending the day with him it's been hard because I haven't been able to see him very often because hes working. We have a 3 hour time difference so I have to wait so long for him to get home after I get home from school and I seriously feel like I have nothing to do. I end up trying to write poetry, play video games or something just to try to get my mind off of him but it's so hard and then I just get upset. All my friends are seriously always busy and I just don't know what to do. Is there anything that you guys used to get your mind off of them when they're busy and you're not? Because I know there's like a million things but is there really anything that really gets your mind out of love land for awhile? Because all I do is wait and wait for him just so I can see him on camera and I need to be more proactive lol.
                      you are not alone,,same here...until now that my SO and I been apart for almost 7 months..it is so hard,,though were seeing each other in skype,,still it is different when he is around physically,,,i miss hugging and kissing him all the time....the happy moments being with him...now I'm trying to cope up,,,by being a member of the site,,of this LFAD community helps me a lot,,because I can get advices from same people here,,who understand my situation,,we'll as they said try to look for things that will keep your interest,.its hard but you can make it,,,and dont forget to pray,,Put God in the center of your relationship,,he will keep you tough in your dull moments of longing with your SO...well goodluck to us!...God Bless...

By the way if u need someone to talk with just pm me..im always on!
                      dianelovesjeremy

Comment

Originally posted by JEREIANEDREI View Post
                        you are not alone,,same here...until now that my SO and I been apart for almost 7 months..it is so hard,,though were seeing each other in skype,,still it is different when he is around physically,,,i miss hugging and kissing him all the time....the happy moments being with him...now I'm trying to cope up,,,by being a member of the site,,of this LFAD community helps me a lot,,because I can get advices from same people here,,who understand my situation,,we'll as they said try to look for things that will keep your interest,.its hard but you can make it,,,and dont forget to pray,,Put God in the center of your relationship,,he will keep you tough in your dull moments of longing with your SO...well goodluck to us!...God Bless...

By the way if u need someone to talk with just pm me..im always on!
                        Thank you so much <3 I really appreciate it

Comment

I've picked up on my crocheting more than usual, reading, anything that makes the brain shut off for a while is more than welcome. I've stopped going to the gym as much but I'm sure I'll be back there soon when the other distractions start to wear thin.

Comment

Working...
                          X